PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

MAF wire grounding out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009 | 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Default MAF wire grounding out?

I am trying to track an electrical problem with my car. During this process I put my meter on the pink and black wire on the MAF harness. I am getting a dead short from pink to black. I assume this is not supposed to be the case? I really dont want to tear out my wiring harness to rewire, but may have to. What other sensors draw power through the pink wire? I do have a spare harness that I pulled out years ago and could take it apart I guess. The car had an intermittent misfire when that harness was in and the problem was never found though. Basically I need these questions answered: 1. Is the pink MAF wire supposed to dead short to the black wire on the maf harness? I assume not. 2. What other sensors pull power through the pink power wire? I assume there is a fusible link somewhere that combines power for many things. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-04-2009 | 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

I found that when I turn the key into the run position the short is no longer present. How does this make sense? I need some help as I am about 2 steps from burning the car up. Anyone want to buy a roller? Would make a good big stuff 3 car.