Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VE Tuning for S/C, confused????

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 01:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VE Tuning for S/C, confused????

So, I'm confused (happens quite often, actually ). My friend just got a D-1SC kit for his 2001 Z06, and we're going to be installing it within the next week or so. My main concern is that once we install the S/C, the VE tables are going to change a ton right? I mean, since the S/C will put it way over 100% VE, how the heck are we going to get this to run perfectly, or should I not even worry about the VE stuff?
Old 11-09-2003, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sbrown99TA
So, I'm confused (happens quite often, actually ). My friend just got a D-1SC kit for his 2001 Z06, and we're going to be installing it within the next week or so. My main concern is that once we install the S/C, the VE tables are going to change a ton right? I mean, since the S/C will put it way over 100% VE, how the heck are we going to get this to run perfectly, or should I not even worry about the VE stuff?
Good question. I'm F.I. stupid- but here's a thread with good Info from NoGo, He is The Man, and ChrisB. Thread Hope it helps some.
joel
Old 11-09-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

You will be over 100% VE, but mainly only when you are in boost. Since the VE table is scaled by manifold pressure, and the stock sensor can only read up to atmospheric, all your "in boost" values will occur in the 105kPa pressure cell. So there will really be no "in boost" tuning to do.

The supercharger may still effect your VE even when not in boost though - that would be just like the normal VE tuning outlined previously - you would just need to cut out all values at 105kpa since they will be a jumble of all different values.

But honestly you can get it to run well without touching the VE tables - they will help, no doubt, but it will not be the difference between bad and good, etc. I would get everything running/working normally first, and then you can go back and tweak the VE tables and see if it helps or not.