PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ-EFI Self Tuning Electronic Fuel Injection ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EZ-EFI Self Tuning Electronic Fuel Injection ????

whats up fellas, i don't know **** about tuning or anything about the pcm. i actually should be reading more up this section but its aggrivating to read becuz i can't relate too half the **** that is said. ok, enough babbling.

check this out for you tuning guru's who don't know or haven't seen this new fast product i stumbled across today while searching for the fast ls3 intake updates.

google:EZ-EFI Self Tuning Electronic Fuel Injection

basically this is what it does here:http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Ca...pdf/page16.pdf

what are some of your thoughts?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

there is no such thing as self tuning, yeah i mean it can get close, but nothing like a good tuner can get!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It fits a niche for those that either want to go EFI that currently have a carb or are currently efi and want to go with a different intake style to suite their application.

For the 99% of LS1 owners that want to stock with an LS1 style intake system the factory pcm will do everything and anything you want.

Most of these aftermarket efi systems cost a good penny as well so don't think its a cheap way out by any means.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That is a "bolt-on" replacement for Holley 4150 style carburetors on a SBC... it is not a sophisticated as the LSx OEM systems.

The self tuning is a reference to having closed loop mode via the oxygen sensor mounted in the exhaust header.

Last edited by joecar; 06-17-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

And don't forget, if an OE system detects a fault, it goes into open-loop mode and runs strictly the way it was programmed to run by the tuner. The "Self-Tune" EFI systems rely on perfect sensor inputs. What happens when a self-tune EFI system gets an incorrect O2 signal? If the O2 gets contaminated (say by pumping leaded race gas into the tank) the EFI system will start to heavily trim the fuel mixture due to the O2 producing an inaccurate output and your engine slowly begins to run poorly. How about an exhaust leak, or perhaps a corroded ground that results in an offset MAP reading vs. true manifold pressure? Self-tune EFI systems are a great idea, but they rely too much on the premise that what the ECM sees from the sensors is truly what's going on with the engine. Knowing what you know about any kind of machine and it's reliability, would you bet your engine on the system and sensors running perfect ALL the time? 'Cause that's essentially what your doing...putting your engine in the hands of a system that relies on perfectly accurate signals all of the time. Stay out of the puddles!!

Quick Reply: EZ-EFI Self Tuning Electronic Fuel Injection ????