PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

M6 to 60e swap with COS3 & SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009 | 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default M6 to 60e swap with COS3 & SD

Hello guys, I just wrapped up my auto swap and I can't figure out the tune swap. The guy that used to tune my car upgraded me to SD using COS3 02020003 and what looks to be an 2002 OS #1221256. I tried taking a stock 2002 auto tune and pasting all of the necessary fuel, spark, gears, etc. tables in to it but my car wouldn't start afterwards. What am I doing wrong. I thought this was going to be the easy part of the swap and it's not working out that way. This is using EFILive.

Last edited by 2ktransam; 06-22-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2009 | 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have the Park-Neutral switch connected up...?
Old 06-22-2009 | 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joecar
Do you have the Park-Neutral switch connected up...?
I have four of the wires hooked up but I haven't figured out he reverse lights yet. I hooked them up the way the sticky said to and they didn't work. The car will start and run with the M6 tune in but when I load the auto tune it it just fires and stall out. I fires right up but I can't keep it running. I'm going to go back over the tune and see if maybe I missed something but I think I got everything copied over the way it was in the M6 tune.
Old 06-25-2009 | 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have all the connection shown in these diagrams...
Attached Thumbnails M6 to 60e swap with COS3 & SD-4l60e-1.gif   M6 to 60e swap with COS3 & SD-4l60e-2.gif  
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joecar
Do you have all the connection shown in these diagrams...
I got everything wired up and the tune is loaded in. Now I just have to get the damn thing to idle. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2009 | 07:37 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Did you do the Transmission and Transmission diagnostic segment swaps? Just transfering the data will not work. To do the segment swap you will need to download a stock 1221256 Automatic Fbody file from Holdencrazy. With your tune file you are currently working on opened up in the tuning tool, load the stock auto file using the compare feature. Once you have them set, under the Edit tab use the copy entire segment feature for the transmission and diagnostic features. You will have to save the file after segment is copied.

If you already did this and are still having problems, please post back up. Just thought I would take the opportunity to remind everybody how easy it is to swap segments at a user level with EFI Live.

Doc
Old 06-26-2009 | 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Like Doc said, segment swap is very easy...
Old 06-26-2009 | 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doc
Did you do the Transmission and Transmission diagnostic segment swaps? Just transfering the data will not work. To do the segment swap you will need to download a stock 1221256 Automatic Fbody file from Holdencrazy. With your tune file you are currently working on opened up in the tuning tool, load the stock auto file using the compare feature. Once you have them set, under the Edit tab use the copy entire segment feature for the transmission and diagnostic features. You will have to save the file after segment is copied.

If you already did this and are still having problems, please post back up. Just thought I would take the opportunity to remind everybody how easy it is to swap segments at a user level with EFI Live.

Doc
I went a different route. I got the stock auto tune off of Holdencrazy and loaded all of my fuel, spark etc. tables into it. My car has always been a real bastard to get it to idle and it is worse with the auto for some reason. I actually turned my LTFT's on last night to see what it would do and it idled great which is weird. I'm going on vacation this week so I'm going to mess with it when I get back and see if I can figure it out. My AF is pretty good and the spark table looks good so what other changes to you guys make for big cams? I have the Texas Giant and it has alway been a pain in the *** to tune.