Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best programmer for the money

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best programmer for the money

hey guys, i have only owned 2 programmers in my life, one is a hypertech max energy for my 2000z28, the other is a hypertech power programmer 3? for my gf's 2003 moostang gt.

now, i did notice a power gain in lower rpm's from the max energy, and i also did pick up a constant 2-3 more mpg with it. however, ive used it about 5 times a day to turn off a check engine light for my knock sensors. just never got around to replacing them and god blessed me with hands that are too big to fit under the cowl. i suppose in doing this everyday, i have over used the programmer and it freezes up now. so now, my car is stuck with a tune on it. dont know how to put it back stock if thats even possible.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...r_banghead.gif

the moostang seems to do fairly well as a 14 flat car with an automatic, 3;73's, and 40series flowmasters. not even a cold air or k&n.

so, long post shorter, whats the best programmer i can buy for a reasonable price range if i pick up a 2001SS? i do want mpg and power, the z28 is a 6 speed with 2;73's and it got hella good mpg, the ss is an automatic, not sure on the gears.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone? somebody has to have some knowledge on tuners and their real value to a guy like me