PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it my tune? NA vs. NA+6lbs boost ......same power? Videos inside!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo man, try a smaller gap on your plugs.... boost blows that **** out. my buddy was having this problem with his honda, and i was too on my omni. i got my omni gapped at .028 i think. my buddys hondas stock gap was like .050 we took it down to .035, worked fine. id run a step colder plug like a tr6 and take the gap down. and as for high octane, try out one of those aky injection kits. let me know man!

i also posted before i checked your vids, gotta love the crappy internet in kuwait!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 494 Likes on 345 Posts

If you can't tell a power difference at 6psi, you have leaks. I can tell you from experience that the difference in timing can be massive, but not to the degree you are experiencing. The most likely culprit is normally cold side leaks, but I would bet you have issues on the hot AND cold side. With leaks, your turbo can actually be nothing more than an exhaust restriction, instead of being a power adder.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont forget about burst knock as well. if you didn't tweak those tables it will show knock no matter what you do, i do believe.