PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Stuff 3/ Speed Inc Harness, questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Big Stuff 3/ Speed Inc Harness, questions?

Firstly I am finally wiring up my car and ended up picking the Speed Inc harness as it was supposed to be plug and play. I have had it since last year since I have had lot of delays in the project but it was brand new.

Now that I am plugging stuff in I have noticed a few surprising omissions that I would have thought are good thing to have. The main one is there is no reverse sensor connection for my t56 for back up lights, but there is a speed sensor and the reverse lock out. There is also no oil level connection or coolant level sensor connection included. I have both installed and it is always handy to know when either of those had an issue on an expensive motor.

Has anyone used this harness and what did you do to get around these omissions. My car is a street car with, air, power options and a stereo. I just wanted the programability of BS3 with my Harrop intake, and it worked quite nice on the engine dyno without this additional harness.

I need the back up lights for certification and hate to be a hack.

Any input or experience would be appreciated.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Any help would be welcomes since Speed Inc told to figure it out myself.

What a waste $550, if you ever do this, make it out of your own harness, at least everything will be there.