Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help please, sorry long read

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help please, sorry long read

let me start with the car, 99Z M6, stock bottom end with head and cam pkg with bolt ons and spray. i could be more detailed if someone thinks it will help. car is currently tuned SD. a few weeks ago the car thre 4 check engine lights, 2 for o2's, a MAF (because it was deleted) and one for MAP, i forget if it was low or high voltage, it was the one that would lead some to think a vacuum leak. Took the car back to the tuner and they worked on it, turned out all they could find was a few bad plug wires. they dynoed the car again and all was good, i even drove it 3 hours each way to Carlisle PA. got 26 on the hwy and tore apart a mustang on the hwy. a few weeks ago the car started idling bad and running poorly. the car will barely idle, like around 500 then after a few minutes jump to like 2K until i kick it down like and old carb car. and it has no *****. took it back again, no check engine light, all they could find was a lazy O2 so they put me in open loop. the car runs and drives now but IMO feels like crap. it runs rough, especially mid range, no ***** still to me and even had the same idle issue yesterday. i sprayed it on the hwy last night from a 75mph roll against a friend in his stock cobalt SS and the car pulled but not as hard as i expected. it feels like there is something missing. please guys, any input would be great.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rareblueZ
let me start with the car, 99Z M6, stock bottom end with head and cam pkg with bolt ons and spray. i could be more detailed if someone thinks it will help. car is currently tuned SD. a few weeks ago the car thre 4 check engine lights, 2 for o2's, a MAF (because it was deleted) and one for MAP, i forget if it was low or high voltage, it was the one that would lead some to think a vacuum leak. Took the car back to the tuner and they worked on it, turned out all they could find was a few bad plug wires. they dynoed the car again and all was good, i even drove it 3 hours each way to Carlisle PA. got 26 on the hwy and tore apart a mustang on the hwy. a few weeks ago the car started idling bad and running poorly. the car will barely idle, like around 500 then after a few minutes jump to like 2K until i kick it down like and old carb car. and it has no *****. took it back again, no check engine light, all they could find was a lazy O2 so they put me in open loop. the car runs and drives now but IMO feels like crap. it runs rough, especially mid range, no ***** still to me and even had the same idle issue yesterday. i sprayed it on the hwy last night from a 75mph roll against a friend in his stock cobalt SS and the car pulled but not as hard as i expected. it feels like there is something missing. please guys, any input would be great.
First thing i would do, when you think your car may have a problem, Dont spray it!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Teching In

i appreciate the input but that wasn't all that helpful. if you have any input you can lend to the actual problem thanks, if not thanks for your opinion as to how you feel i should drive the car but that's not what i am looking for right now.

i am looking for input from people that are great with tuning and maybe have run across this before, maybe they can point in the right direction to rectify this once and for all. fi you have please i am all ears.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is very little diagnostic information given, anything we say would just be a guess. Need to get a scanner on it and most likely a drive.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Teching In

what kind of diagnostic info are you looking for that may be helpful. i may have it from all the troubleshooting that has been done recently.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:26 PM
8 Second Club

why speed denisty? Put a Maf back on it and solve alot of your problems.... Ive seen someones SD tune kill a motor....PM me for more info
Old 11-15-2009, 05:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
why speed denisty? Put a Maf back on it and solve alot of your problems.... Ive seen someones SD tune kill a motor....PM me for more info
Why dig up a thread from July and put in 2cents like the issue is unresolved?

Because someone hurt a motor in SD is no reflection of the method; you can just as easily (and in many cases more-so) kill one with a MAF based calibration. Let's keep it all tech here.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 AM
FormerVendor

Ok... so it's ok for you to dig up an old thread, throw around vague references that maybe one or two people are in the know on, and then post some garbage about speed density being responsible for a blown motor on a public board and I am not allowed to comment on it.

Sure; that makes sense.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Ok... so it's ok for you to dig up an old thread, throw around vague references that maybe one or two people are in the know on, and then post some garbage about speed density being responsible for a blown motor on a public board and I am not allowed to comment on it.

Sure; that makes sense.
Hey, we'll have no common sense in here! Take that chit elsewhere!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default log

Do you have Hp tuners so you can scan and post the info thats really the only way any one will be able to Help via online or have someone that you know that can do it for you. and then post.