Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastass 92RS LS2 with code problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastass 92RS LS2 with code problems

Yall straighten me out OK? This is what I got and remember all I paid for was parts. 92 RS Camaro with a 07 crate LS2, Tremec 5 speed, Hawks S.S.long tube headers, Speartech Computer n wiring harness, Spohn K member n lower control arms with polyurethane bushings, boxed in my original rear control arms n panhard bar n put in poly bushings there as well, made my own trans crossmember w poly bushing there and poly torque arm bushing there too. Here is my problem, the car runs like a cat with its tail on fire, fast fast fast OMG, sometimes the MIL will come on and my Matco code reader shows code 2135, 2135 pending or 2138, 2138 pending or both and since this is a drive by wire car I loose all throttle control and must coast or pull over and erase the codes ! Do I need closed loop o2 sensors or do I need a tune in my computer or what ? I got a Doctor of engines degree back in da 70s so this is new to me, I been raisin kids for the last 30 years and I must have missed something, that being said when I got the chance to build something I wanted to go as technologically advanced as possible and I am glad I did I get 27 miles per gallon on the highway and this car makes me wanna smoke a cig when its not throwing a code at me ! Anybody got some advice ?