Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reduced engine power with new throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduced engine power with new throttle body

Just need a little insight on TPS and mass air flow working together. My 06' truck goes to reduced engine power after a few seconds. I made sure that both tps switches and both pedal position sensors match voltage.They have the same when I first turn the key on and then after 10 to 15 seconds it kicks off of what I assume is high speed and the blade closes a little more and no longer have the same voltage which is about how long it takes for the reduced engine power to kick inn. I was also wondering because of all the engine mods if now the MAF sees alot more air at a given throttle position causing my problem. I'm going to put the stock TB on tommorow and get all the voltage readings to compare. The engine has cnc ported Dart heads that flow 329@.600in./246@.600ex., comp cams rockers,pushrods,custom grind cam, 10.75to1 compression,edelbrock pro flow manifold with a 92mm throttle body, Fast injectors,fuel rails and pump kit, long tube headers and 3in. stainless ex. to the tips, 3000 TCI stall and 4.88 gears with 35in tires. I have smaller and larger TB once I get it on the dyno. Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

With key on, engine off with the hood open does the tac module hum/whine? If the stocker works fine and you have the wine,(on the larger TB) possible bad tac module.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

If that is working fine you'll probably just need to adjust your MAF/Map correlation values. I had the same thing happen to me after changing to a ported TB on my CTSV, it's actually pretty common on drive by wire systems that upgrade TBs.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Teching In

It is working fine and I was thinking that was going to be a problem. No one around here has a good rep at programming and tuning. This FAST programmer the customer has doesn't do much, maybe ok for mild mods. Looks like I need another toy. What do you guys recommend for a programmer with all the bells and whistles but user friendly. We won't do alot of this but it has to be right. Thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have HPtuners and I love it. Not hard to use right out of the box and there are plenty of HPtuners specific guides out there for free and for $$.

Quick Reply: reduced engine power with new throttle body