Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone got HP Tuners to work with Vista

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ysb02
To be fair Microsoft still hasn't fixed the OS after 3 years so whining at a 3rd party developer is rather retarded.
Yes they did. It's called Windows 7.

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Launching!

I've run HPtuners with Vista just fine for 2 years now...no problems at all
Old 08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Vista 64bit with the new signed drivers no problem.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ben Diss

Correction, they released an entirely new OS full of yet undiscovered glitches and patch after patch until they release yet another OS and start all over again.....called Windows 7.

Try not to get into a battle of wits with the guys in this section......you're unarmed.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've actually only run HPTuners with vista, both 32 bit and 64 bit. No issues once they went through the signed driver process...thank you guys for doing that
Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
Correction, they released an entirely new OS full of yet undiscovered glitches and patch after patch until they release yet another OS and start all over again.....called Windows 7.

Try not to get into a battle of wits with the guys in this section......you're unarmed.
I'm unarmed? Wow.

What I really hoped to have gotten across to the OP was the HPT support was lacking on this point. I did D/L the just released signed drivers for Vista x64 and they do work. It's unfortunate that they took so long to develop and deliver them. Looking at the thread on their site, it appears to have take an whole day to do so.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm unarmed? Wow.

What I really hoped to have gotten across to the OP was the HPT support was lacking on this point. I did D/L the just released signed drivers for Vista x64 and they do work. It's unfortunate that they took so long to develop and deliver them. Looking at the thread on their site, it appears to have take an whole day to do so.
We invested about 70 man hours into getting the drivers signed, it was less money but a much larger man hour task than we ever thought it would be thats for sure. Seriously at first we were uninformed regarding the price and were told it would be in the several thousand dollar range, I brought the topic back up at our yearly meeting and we did some more research on the topic and within a few days of our meeting end our engineer starting the application.

Trust me the last thing I like to do is give work arounds for things and is the reason it was brought up at our meeting, we listened to our customers and acted upon it. You are the only person thus far still complaining AFTER we've had them signed.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by foff667
We invested about 70 man hours into getting the drivers signed, it was less money but a much larger man hour task than we ever thought it would be thats for sure. Seriously at first we were uninformed regarding the price and were told it would be in the several thousand dollar range, I brought the topic back up at our yearly meeting and we did some more research on the topic and within a few days of our meeting end our engineer starting the application.

Trust me the last thing I like to do is give work arounds for things and is the reason it was brought up at our meeting, we listened to our customers and acted upon it.
You are the only person thus far still complaining AFTER we've had them signed.

Perhaps if you'd listened to your customers for the two years it took you to address this issue, you wouldn't be on this forum today defending your actions. In fact, plenty of your customers complained and that is what finally led you to fix this obvious lack of driver support.

Should we talk about the features that are advertised as being included in your product, but that are actually intended to be available in a future version? One that is not expected to be released for at least two months?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Same bloated POS different skin. Have two boxes sitting beside me with Win7 for testing our sw. I develop for Vista / Win7 exclusively at work now and still use XP on all my home machines. No reason to change at all.