Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambient Air Temp Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient Air Temp Question

I have my left hand Interceptor gauge reading Ambient and Intake air temp. On the way home tonight it was showing Ambient at 42 degrees and slowly worked its way up to 55 degrees on my ride home (24 miles). I unplugged them with the ignition off and plugged them back up and it still showed 55 degrees ambient. Where does the PCM get its Ambient air reading from? I would assume that with it thinking it was that cold outside and seeing an IAT of 88 that some crazy things would be going on inside?? Never seen this before would like some input please. 06 LS2 GTO
Old 08-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Well thanks for all the help ladies and gentlemen, this is the first time I have asked a question over here, maybe I put it in the wrong place, or maybe it's just too "stupid" of a question for anyone here to waste their time with. I was hoping for some worthwhile input.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

ugh. With that attitude you won't get much help. There are lots of experts on here and lot's of guys that read a lot and don't post much...like me, 140 posts in 3+ years. This is an awesome resource but rarely will you get help exactly WHEN you want it.

Be patient, i'm sure someone will chime in that know their stuff.

P.S. Lot's of guys here won't post on your thread until we've get to know you. Start at the greetings, conservative posts on popular threads. You'll get your answer soon enough.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

There is usually a sensor somewhere near the grill on cars that read outside air temp. 55 seems a little cold for a summer night in Georgia.