PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using a Dash-hawk, how can i tell my intake restriction?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a Dash-hawk, how can i tell my intake restriction?

I see people talking about MAP pressures dropping a few points and things like this, in regards to their intake tract restriction. Can some one familiar witht he Dash Hawk (or the names it uses for the variables) tell me how to check restrictions? What pressures (MAP) do i compare with what other pressures?
Sorry if it is a noob question, but i know jack about tuning and such.

thanks. Hope to get some decent feedback. Especially considering i made my own CAI, and i am running a rather non-traditional setup for a NA LS2.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

view/log the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)... check those numbers running with the stock setup, and compare 'em to the numbers when running your CAI setup...

if your CAI MAP values go lower, then it's a restriction...

also, when you get on the gas, the MAP values should increase...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
view/log the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)... check those numbers running with the stock setup, and compare 'em to the numbers when running your CAI setup...

if your CAI MAP values go lower, then it's a restriction...

also, when you get on the gas, the MAP values should increase...
Well, to be honest putting it back to stock would be a real bitch since i modded my stock box along the proccess.

Arent i supposed to compare the MAP value to another value?
IS there a standard value that i should see as the MAP value that would let me know if i am restricted or free? As in, is the normal MAP value around 90 or so?
thanks mang.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if you know what the stock/normal MAP values are at specific points, sure you can compare to those....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-26-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

i dont. I thought there was a way to com;are one value to another, not just stock to new config. perhaps i was in error.

do u compare idle to WOT? Is there a certain increase that u should see? Or is this all easier to view on something like hptuners?