PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Tuning for the car to shift solely by WOT RPM

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
AutomagicLS1 - Don't zero out the values in the WOT mph table, set them at 1 mph llike mentioned above or slightly higher. I have mine set at 5 mph and it shifts dead on every time.

Sounds like it's still not shifting where you're commanding it. So it won't shift 3-4 at WOT? Can you post a screen shot of a log with this problem? I don't have HPT.
I tried putting 1-5 mph in the wot shift mph table and part throttle table 100% tps last night still doing the same thing. My biggest worry is the tranny worked flawlessly for 5 months on my trans tune shifting at 6800-6900 now it wont shift right at wot. I just dont understand why my trans tune would work flawlessly then it just starts acting up. The car wont shift at all wot 1/2 2/3 anything over 6500 rpm. I have the shift points set at 6K and it shifts at 5700 is the only way it will make a wot shift but like I said when running at the end of 3rd gear the tranny wont pull anymore passed 6500 and thats a killer. The car is making WOT shifts just not at higher rpm's and that bothers me........

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 09-21-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
I tried putting 1-5 mph in the wot shift mph table and part throttle table 100% tps last night still doing the same thing. My biggest worry is the tranny worked flawlessly for 5 months on my trans tune shifting at 6800-6900 now it wont shift right at wot. I just dont understand why my trans tune would work flawlessly then it just starts acting up. The car wont shift at all wot 1/2 2/3 anything over 6500 rpm. I have the shift points set at 6K and it shifts at 5700 is the only way it will make a wot shift but like I said when running at the end of 3rd gear the tranny wont pull anymore passed 6500 and thats a killer. The car is making WOT shifts just not at higher rpm's and that bothers me........
Now we got somewhere!!! You better be calling your transmission guy and get that straightened out. There could be a plugged screen in the trans forcing the upshift or something goofy like that. You never told us it was working fine before.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
Now we got somewhere!!! You better be calling your transmission guy and get that straightened out. There could be a plugged screen in the trans forcing the upshift or something goofy like that. You never told us it was working fine before.
They swear up and down left and right nothing is wrong with the trans and they are trying to save me money by telling me its practically impossible its not the trans and it will end up costing me money if I send it back and they arent going to find anything on tear down (which woul be expensive).....I informed them of the issues i've been having while it was still under warranty. I've done everything they have suggested and i'm running out of options.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried manually shifting it at WOT at the correct shift point?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AutomagicLS1 - Don't zero out the values in the WOT mph table, set them at 1 mph llike mentioned above or slightly higher. I have mine set at 5 mph and it shifts dead on every time.

Sounds like it's still not shifting where you're commanding it. So it won't shift 3-4 at WOT? Can you post a screen shot of a log with this problem? I don't have HPT.
I would never shift OD at WOT! Not good for A4s.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you tried manually shifting it at WOT at the correct shift point?
That I have not tried.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
That I have not tried.
change your valve springs

Quick Reply: Tuning for the car to shift solely by WOT RPM