PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a Predator yesterday and started messing around... I like it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Just got a Predator yesterday and started messing around... I like it!

I was kind of scared it said you need to load the stock tune in first which my car had a custom done on it before with HP Tuners... but I went ahead and let it capture that one. Seems like it went in okay becuase the speedo stayed the same without me adjusting anything.
So it works different than I thought. I thought I would be able to see exactly how the custom tune was configured but that isn't the case. I knew I wanted to work on the shifts, rev-limiter and maybe later spark. So I raised the rev-limiter +200 and it seems to be 6300 RPM now. Also saw a torque management on/off so turned it off (may have already been done in the custom but no way to know). I also changed the shift pressure which really made it more positive on the shifts! I went +4 (I think that is the number I put) but it had more. How much more can I go? I really wanted to make it real positive but would I hurt anything?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:13 AM
11 Second Club

For me raising the rev-limiter was huge. I had tapped that sucker just about everytime out at the track which killed my times. In backroad testing it never hits and the car just pulls like mad straight through now.

One other question. I see on mine I can do real-time display but nothing about recording. I would like to be able to see if I am getting detonation and where. Any ideas?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

what revision is the predator on? when it boots up and is at the main menu, there's a number at the top of the screen, that's the revision number. what is it?

if it's a 9rXX revision number, it's one of the newer ones and yes, you can record data logs...

if it's a 2.xx revision number, then it's an old one and you can not. you can only view the data live on the screen while you drive.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-03-2009, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

If I recall it is 2.13?

What other things should I tweak?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The 2.13 version is older, and does not datalog.

You can upgrade that tool to the newer tool that does datalog, and is internet updateable, for $99+shipping if you would like.

On shift pressure, you can generally raise that as high as you'd like, assuming it was not raised in your custom tune.

Enjoy!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

get your fueling dialed in so that your ltft's are in the 0 to -2 range by adjusting your injector slope...

you can't save logs, but you can view the LTFT data on the screen while you drive... here's info:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
The 2.13 version is older, and does not datalog.

You can upgrade that tool to the newer tool that does datalog, and is internet updateable, for $99+shipping if you would like.

On shift pressure, you can generally raise that as high as you'd like, assuming it was not raised in your custom tune.

Enjoy!
Oh darn. Well do I do anything wrong using this when I had a custom tune already on the car? I don't think they did anything with the shift pressure because it has always felt the same until I made the adjustment yesterday. Did I mess up? If not I wouldn't mind maxing it out if it won't hurt anything.

In the future I will be moving to 42's. Can you write me something to get going?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
get your fueling dialed in so that your ltft's are in the 0 to -2 range by adjusting your injector slope...

you can't save logs, but you can view the LTFT data on the screen while you drive... here's info:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917
Wouldn't I need the upgrade to save this for viewing on the laptop?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

No problem with the custom tune, and if you add 42s, upload a copy of your tune and email it to me, 'll have them scaled for you.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
Wouldn't I need the upgrade to save this for viewing on the laptop?
yes - to save logs...

but that's why I said above that you can't log, but you can still view the ltft parameters live on the screen while you drive...

the info/process at that link is still the same even if you can't save logs, that's why I posted it...

you need to do a steady drive/cruise at the proper rpm level - 1800-2200 rpms... see what your ltft's are reading... or have someone write down the ltft numbers as you do the steady drive/cruise...

get the average of the ltft's...

then adjust your injector slope accordingly... etc etc etc...

everything in that link write-up still pertains to you, except the part about saving the data logs... you would just view the parameters on your predator's screen instead...

Old 09-03-2009, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Cool!

I moved the pressure to 25% but it didn't really change any from 4%. So when I first put this on my car it didn't overwrite any of the custom tune stuff did it?

Mike,

I got a cable to patch into the laptop but no power adapter. I have a Radio Shack piece with different setting and ends. Will that work? Just need to know how to get the tune off.

One last question... I can't find detonation/knock on there?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Anyone?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Knock can be seen as a PID called (I think) KR.

Any 9-12V .6 to 1 amp power supply will work for the power source.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Can you PM me instructions on how to get my tune off? I want to send it to you and have the 42's work done. Need to know what to do when I get that from you too.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
So when I first put this on my car it didn't overwrite any of the custom tune stuff did it?
yes it does...

any custom tune settings that were on there have now been replaced by the diablo tune settings...

Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yes it does...

any custom tune settings that were on there have now been replaced by the diablo tune settings...
Oh ****! Well my ratio stayed the same for the gears, shifts didn't change, rev-limiter was the same until I upped it. Did my timing and fueling change then? I don't know then but the car runs like stink! At this point I am just trying to get 11's stock internal bolt-ons Wed. then change heads/intake/cam/injectors on 9/19 and get it going good enough to make it to Fran's for a custom dynotune.

So when they tune it at that time it will overwrite the Diablo stuff there now or can I load it back in as my factory? I'm confused about using the Diablo after my custom for the new setup.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Guess what I was saying is after I initially fired it up all I did was go into the tune-it feature. I didn't load one of the tunes in the unit.