Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM Programing Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM Programing Help

Ok so like the the title says I says I need some help. My car is a 95 lt1 firebird and hasn't had many issues until now. Ive bought and used a hypertech programmer for some time now. And haven't had any problems until today.

So I decided to reprogram the ecm since I had a slight electrical problem. Turned out to be the tp. Anyway I go to reprogram the ecm, it starts fine and begins it begins to reprogram the ecm. I walk away for roughly ten minutes and come back to find the tuner is stuck at 50 percent. I wait for it to change after a couple of minutes and no change. So I unplug it and stat over, it goes through the process again and it finishes but it starts over again and starts at 50 percent. This is where I start to get worried that my programmer has officially screwed me over.

I unplug the tuner and try to start the engine. Surprise it doesn't start. So now my ecm programming is screwed and the programmer is shoot to. Luckily I had a spare ecm from a same year caprice and it works, for now.

But my question is. What are some of the better tuners out there where I could possible get my ecm programed with the stock tune and then also get another tune for all my various mods.

Any help would be appreciated.