Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tp angle at 63 % wot

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tp angle at 63 % wot

looking for some help here.i previously posted my car will not see wot.i adjusted the tbi per mechanical adjustment and thought i had things working.slowly but surely my tps peramiter went out of range again causing abnormal shift pattern.i have a oo camaro pcm.i thought well obviuosly it something to do with the t/b . so i bought a new one with sensors gm for a 00 camaro ls1.installed it without doing any thing to it.at idle i am 1-2 % angle .when i floor it it reads 63% now i am thinking the problem is with the pcm.can anyone help me with this. ive been thinking about replacing the pcm with a stock pcm ls1. the one i have was hp tuned and came with my harness. also if i purchase a new one do i have to do more than calibrate tire and axle ratio and turn off vats. veh does not have a ck engine light. there are no dtc's set relating to this cnc currently thanks kenny.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not being smart when I say this, is there a chance the floor mat is under the gas pedal? It happens more than you think....

If not, check the TPS voltage, should be close to 4.8V for 100% throttle.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does it read when you grab the throttle quadrant and fully open it by hand? if it's 63% then you've got a sensor problem (or voltage supply problem), if it reads 100% then your issue is mechanical (either your throttle peddal can't fully depress or you don't have enough lever ratio to pull the throttle cable to get the blade fully open (or you've got an elastic throttle cable that's getting longer )).

Rgds

Jim
Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would have someone hold it at wot and visually look at the throttle blade b4 anything else...if ok its prob a tp sensor problem ...4.8v is 100 percent open on the return ref wire at the connector...check there
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from past experiance throttle cable in wrong hole on throttle body will only give u 63-65% with the pedal,leave car shut off with key on start scanner push pedal to floor then go under hood and open it by hand see what the tps % is using this method