Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reinstalled pcm after mail order tune - car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reinstalled pcm after mail order tune - car wont start

got my pcm back today after a mail order tune. reinstalled then hooked battery back up. car cranks but will not fire. i can hear fuel pump running when i turn key to on, but acts like its not getting spark.

anyone ever have this issue? i'm in need of some help here i'm at a loss.

thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who did your mail order tune? how much you got invested..and if you are going to do mail order tune go and talk to FROST he's runnin a hell of a deal right now!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

frost did the tune. well somehow i got it started. it idled very high when it did start, then i shut it off. i restarted and idle was normal but i have an ses light now. i'll have to scan it at work tomorrow (i work at an auto repair shop)

i had an ses light on before i sent the pcm out but it was for a rear o2 sensor which should have been tuned out. so i don't know. this car will be the death of me i swear. and the ses light came on immediately. with the o2 code, i could reset it and it would take a few miles to come back on.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I double checked your file and the rear O2s are definitely off. Usually the first restart is a low idle, as non of the idle air trims have any values in them at that point. If it started high right away, I'd be concerned about either too much air at the base TB setting or a small leak. Either way, if it used to idle lower, it will learn to again. It may take a day or so. For people reading, this is a boltons car.

As I mentioned in email, grab the DTC number that is being set so that we know what the code is for.