Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLM question Park vs. Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BLM question Park vs. Drive

Why would a car have the BLMs very close in the park position but split widely in gear?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

BLM = Block Learn Memory; in our OBDII cars we call that LTFT = Long Term Fuel Trim..

But to answer your question, I would guess that one clogged injector would do this. The clogged injector can squirt enough fuel at idle, but not enough at higher RPM. Run some fuel injector cleaner thru your gas and so if anything changes for you.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc99SS
BLM = Block Learn Memory; in our OBDII cars we call that LTFT = Long Term Fuel Trim..

But to answer your question, I would guess that one clogged injector would do this. The clogged injector can squirt enough fuel at idle, but not enough at higher RPM. Run some fuel injector cleaner thru your gas and so if anything changes for you.
BLM = Block Learn Multiplier. And I think he's talking about idling in both park and in gear.

C-Rules: What are the IAC counts and commanded idle speed both in park and in gear? I've seen cases where adjusting the throttle stop and changing the IAC counts can skew BLMs one way or the other. Also, what throttle body?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
BLM = Block Learn Multiplier. And I think he's talking about idling in both park and in gear.

C-Rules: What are the IAC counts and commanded idle speed both in park and in gear? I've seen cases where adjusting the throttle stop and changing the IAC counts can skew BLMs one way or the other. Also, what throttle body?
i'll have to check the IACs and get back to you on that. in drive my idle is 900 and in park its 1050. I have a 58mm bbk. the injectors are good because i just recently had them cleaned and flow tested.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

i checked them. 39 in park and 75 in gear. turns out the split happens either in park and drive so my above statement was incorrect. i took a log and analyzed real well.

another question i have is what could cause a car to have split blms in SD mode but not when running a MAF?