Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another "won't fire" thread. Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yet another "won't fire" thread. Help

Ok ladies and gentlemen, here's the deal, did a 00' lq4 swap into my 96 bird, got a crappy tune with the wiring and it fired and ran(poorly but it started) so I sent the PCM off to frost and now it won't fire at all. I know he knows what he's doing so did something go bad in the week it sat? It has power to the coils and injectors both static and cranking, pulled the plug and tested the fire no spark. All I got is my bike right now and the temp is steadily dropping haha.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Worked on it again tonight no headway, power to the coils but not down the wire at all. Changed the crank sensor and that did nothing,2 grounds 1 hot pink and a purple that does Jack, ideas? I'm desperate I miss my car.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump, no one can help here? I'm at a loss
Old 10-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Your kind of screwed with out a lab scope or some kind of graphing meter to test the signals to your coil/module. The pink wire is a common power coming from your injector fuse. depending on what coil your on(lets say #1) the purple wire is ignition control coming from the PCM. (tells the coil to fire) Black is ground, and the brown is reference low which I believe is from your crank signal from the PCM. I would start at that wire but again you will need a scope or a graphing meter to see if you have a signal(digital square wave) Probably didn't help one damn bit but I tried.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I pulled the PCM out and stuck it in the old mans truck and it busted right off with no problems. So the tune is good for his truck, however his PCM wouldn't fire mine. With my custom wiring harness I had built I think they bypassed something weird and the tune has to be done a certain way. Just my uneducated guess
Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

pulled the plug and tested the fire no spark.
power to the coils but not down the wire at all
So power is getting to the coils, but not to the spark plug wires?

With my custom wiring harness I had built I think they bypassed something weird and the tune has to be done a certain way
Who made the harness and did you contact them for help? Did you check fuel pressure at the rail with a mechanical gauge? Hopefully you're using a digital multi meter to check the circuits. Just in case, try and disable the anti-theft system.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Vats is off, and Ive tried to contact them to no avail, and power to the coils but not to the wires, and no I haven't checked the pressure yet but I know I have pressure.The pinouts are all outa place. Maybe in the market for another harness soon.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok well the problem is obviously wiring or PCM related, so i'm gonna redo the wiring system from scratch and if that don't fix it them the PCM is wrong which I doubt because it fired my fathers 6.0 in his truck. Any advice?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump!!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Teching In

How do you know you aren't getting spark? I had a similar issue that turned out to be all my plugs were fouled.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pulled the plugs and grounded em turned it over, no spark. Then tried putting a screwdriver in the wire and grounded it, still no spark

Quick Reply: Yet another "won't fire" thread. Help