Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.e.l.p

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H.e.l.p

well hello every one i havent been on here in a long time but here we go my name is irving but you can call me irv .....

well just yesterday i was driveing my car down the street and my car started to bogg like if it was out of gas or misfireing then i saw steam was coming from under the hood and my SES was flashing so i pulled over to check and the car was like overheating and my temp senor was out like if it blew out and leaked all my coolent on the floor so i let the car cool down for about a hour then put the broken temp back in place added some water just till i got home and my car was still boggin when i was driving it and then THE SES WAS FLASHING dose any know what the hell is wrong with my baby i just asked a buddy for his obd2 code reader but any got a idea of what is wrong

Last edited by 99-MaNTa-Z; 10-29-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the car got that hot you may have popped a head gasket, I cannot remember if the LS1 pcm's will shut the car down if it gets hot or puts it into limp mode(reduced power). I know that the v6 cars will get hot like that and start cutting out, missing, or completely shut down and when they do the heads are warped and the engine is eating coolant. Check you oil an dmake sure that there is no coolant in there and the coolant temp sensor will cause the car to run bad if it is not plugged in or in your case hanging out of the head. I would personally check the oil and if it is ok refill the radiator with water you so you dont waste 15.00 on dexcool, replace the sensor and make sure there are no leaks. Let the car get up to temp and shut it off, wait until the morning and start it up, if it is missing really bad and clears up after about 30 seconds and you have white smoke out the exhaust you probably have a blown head gasket. If you get the sensor in and filled with water and letting it warm up and it has white smoke coming out you have a head problem too. Good luck man, hope the sensor cause the car to run bad and no mechanical probs.

Post this in the Internal section if you cant get it figured out. Not really a pcm Problem and you will get more help.

Last edited by beedo; 10-29-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL /\ /\ /\ IBTL.......You got
Old 10-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is no white smoke but what i can see from whats going on is i smell more unburned fuel from the muffler and the came seems to be misfiring and making me bog and flash my ses like five minutes after i drive it