PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wierd glitch at the dragstrip, could be HPT related???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:02 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Wierd glitch at the dragstrip, could be HPT related???

This has happened to me twice now on different nights. I use the box to do stand alone logging.

Right before the 2/3 shift the motor acts like it hits the rev limiter and the tranny wont shift. However the rpms are nowwhere near the rev limit. It almost seems as if the ignition just shuts off. As soon as I let off the throttle everything goes back to normal. I can get back in the throttle and its like nothing ever happened. This has happened twice with 2 different tunes so I don't think its related to a specific tune. Also, I think it might be HPT related cause the err light on the box blinks till I clear it. Commanded shift rpm is 6900, rev limit is set to 7500, log stops recording at 6600.

Does anyone know what this could be???
Old 11-08-2009, 08:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had troubles with two vehicles, one being a long travel buggy while logging. They would shut down or go into reduced power mode while logging. The buggy would be fine for 3/4 of a lap around silver lake and then go crazy. I never got an answer though???
Old 11-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any way you can post your tune or email it to me.. that is a good place to start... it could be something very small that your missing if it is the tune, and helps to have another set of eyes. If you want and are will to have someone look at your tune..

Let me know
Carl Spence
ATEURZO6@yahoo.com
(832)-216-1143
SFEngineering

Originally Posted by Blown06
This has happened to me twice now on different nights. I use the box to do stand alone logging.

Right before the 2/3 shift the motor acts like it hits the rev limiter and the tranny wont shift. However the rpms are nowwhere near the rev limit. It almost seems as if the ignition just shuts off. As soon as I let off the throttle everything goes back to normal. I can get back in the throttle and its like nothing ever happened. This has happened twice with 2 different tunes so I don't think its related to a specific tune. Also, I think it might be HPT related cause the err light on the box blinks till I clear it. Commanded shift rpm is 6900, rev limit is set to 7500, log stops recording at 6600.

Does anyone know what this could be???
Old 11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds odd for sure. Post the tune and a log.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you changed your gears lately?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:17 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I'll post up a tune and log tomorrow. As far as changing gears, yes I have, I went from 3.73 to 4.56. But it did it with the 3.73 as well. When I changed to 4.56 I let the software convert all mph shift points, so nothing should really have changed.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
I'll post up a tune and log tomorrow. As far as changing gears, yes I have, I went from 3.73 to 4.56. But it did it with the 3.73 as well. When I changed to 4.56 I let the software convert all mph shift points, so nothing should really have changed.
Thats not always true...sometimes depending on how long a shift takes, since the engine is revving quicker with the shorter gear, it needs to be commanded a little earlier to actually happen when you want it to happen without hitting a rev limiter.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
Thats not always true...sometimes depending on how long a shift takes, since the engine is revving quicker with the shorter gear, it needs to be commanded a little earlier to actually happen when you want it to happen without hitting a rev limiter.
Its shifting exactly when I tell it to.