Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

futral motorsports fixed my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futral motorsports fixed my car

First off i have a 02 ta that has 150 wet shot that has been tuned by two other local speed shops, one of them i towed my car 150 miles to get there. My car has a stock 346 with 50k on it with 243 heads, i wanted to try to go fast so i purchased a ms3 cam and all the goodies and trusted a local shop 45 mins away, (raggin racen) after 6 hrs in the hot sun my car made little over 388 rwhp and 389 torque. I was upset and in the mist of this tune the tuner told me that he was tuneing my car off a mail order tune. I will say the car surged poped and got horrible gas miliage and driveable was horrible, kinda makes you sick. Well after a month are so i could not take it and just installed a factory z06 cam and tryed to get car driveable, nope not going to happen so easy, i trusted one of my friends and got to talken and took my car with him to futral and i could start to see the light. He greeted me with a smile and started on the dyno. I could tell within the first 2 min. of talking to him he was confident and he never blinked an eye when i asked CAN YOU GET THIS CAR RUNNING RIGHT? At this time i was diapointed at tuners and was ready to just sell the car. first pass with raggin racen tunei believe the car made 345 and still would not idle down. That fellow even drove my car around several times doing a scan are something and still no difference. He then sold me some part that goes on the back of the intake which still made no difference. allen took a few mins and found someone had drilled my tb out alot. He epoxyed hole and redrilled and fixed my large issue i had with other 2 guys tunes,The car would come to a stop and idle at 1300 rpm for 20 sec. Second issue was poping at high rpms and the car just didnt feel right. In less then a 45min allen had car ideing and was able to make 35 rwhp. pretty sad how 2 other speed shops can over look the customers complants and take there money with zero problems fixed, long story short car made 380 rwhp and drives great, 8hp less then before with that big cam . i am so happy with my car and now drive it everyday, just wanted to thank allen and the great crew at futral motorsports. not one complant can be made at all my car makes 24 miles to gallon and is fun to drive again. give him a call he saved me from selling my car. Im futral for life. Nice to find someone who can actually do what he says he can in this tunning world.

Last edited by 02convertTA; 11-15-2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: miss spelled few words and added lil more words.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Banned

Please use paragraphs. They were invented for a reason.

Other than that, It's good to hear the there are still reputable tuning shops out there. FMS has been around for a while and they have some decent stuff.

It's good to find a good shop. Just keep going back to them and you should be a happy camper.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Teching In

thanks for your reply. I will try to type more proper. LOL yea im pleased to see a tuner that made things right. Liked that car you got is it as fast as it looks?
Old 12-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's good to hear.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:00 AM
Banned

430hp at the wheels from cam and bolt-ons only. Its pretty quick, but not in a straight line. The Road Race type suspension limits the amount of weight transfer and I just spin out of the hole.

My best so far has been a 12.89 @ 112 mph with a 2.4 60'

But the car will take a turn with the best of them.

Quick Reply: futral motorsports fixed my car