PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

power loss

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003 | 10:01 PM
etc

Default power loss

hey guys, just got ls1-edit. trying to solve a problem. installed a whipple s.c a few months back on my '02 1500hd w/ 6.0. ceramic headers, stock cats, flowmaster, open air filter no box .the problem is in 3rd and 4th gear i lose power from 3k to 3700 rpm.i have boost and fuel pressure is within specs, no lean light on the whipple. i've pulled esentially all the torque management out, but still have the problem. i don't know exactly what the whipple computer is doing, and i know i need to get a logging program. does anyone have any ideas. i saw the post about added timing, and i have that table, should i try zero'ing it ? also what about the " delta airflow to enable burst knock" table, could the s.c be raising the pressure to levels above the values enableing burst knock retard ? again i know i need to get a logging program cause i'm swinging in the dark, what is the best cheapest route ?. i plan on replaceing the whipple add ons in the future, should have done more homework before buying it but, it's on now. any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by etc; 12-13-2003 at 10:57 PM.