PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CONFUSED and LOST!!! please help, no start or gauges

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like you may have found the problem, weak terminal tension or dirty contacts in your fuse box. try pulling all your fuses in and out to clean them if that does not work have your buddy watch the cluster with the ign on and try wiggling all the fuses until it comes on. if one of these methods fixs it i like to use terminal cleaner from radio shack or use a small pick to increase terminal tension. oh ya if you power on the two fuses i mentioned above you should have constant pwr at one of the pins in the fuel pump relay.
good luck!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can try jumping the terminals where the fuel pump relay goes. Jump the top right to bottom left and see if you can hear the fuel pump prime. If it works, you can try replacing the relay.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1
You can try jumping the terminals where the fuel pump relay goes. Jump the top right to bottom left and see if you can hear the fuel pump prime. If it works, you can try replacing the relay.
was wayyyyyy past that point lol, man i tried everything. that would have been one of the first things i tried. Car is up and running now and after shimming the engine control fuse tang, i guess it was loose and not making contact, or atleast not good contact. I also replaced the pin #80 wire to the fuel pump fuse (a power supply i believe, correct me if im wrong), re-re-re sanded and checked grounds.

went to roll the key forward, and heard the fuel pump prime! so one of the above was out of whack, but guys i really dont think it was the grounds.

BUT NOW MY ODO DOES NOT TURN ON AGAIN!!!! car starts and idles fine (for a MS3 untuned) but no odo on. Any ideas on this one now??

Its going to performance by joe in st. louis to get tuned x-mas eve morning, i need to have this thing perfect, and ready to dyno