PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Master efi tuner - gm efi...pre-order now

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan - i received my master efi tuner back in dec 2008 for $86. how is this new book (at $40) different?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
which book would would be recommended to total efi tuning novice.
novice as in pre-k/0 LVL/ bottom of the ladder, etc.
i want to learn GM LS EFI based knowledge. not interested in ford or any other versions at the moment. so that should narrow it down the applications.

Which tuning package will you be using?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mterveen
Dan - i received my master efi tuner back in dec 2008 for $86. how is this new book (at $40) different?
The first edtions covered everything, the newer ones have less in then, such as the GM version doesn't any of the ford stuff in it, so reducing the page count reduces the cost
Old 09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by poconojoe
Which tuning package will you be using?
im still up in the air. since im not familiar with either EFILIVE/HPTUNERS.
i dont know the features or flaws of each program. im interested in the program that is better suited for calibrating hi hp street driven forced induction applications. using a gm based pcm and if possible the dual tune application. up to 20psig forced induction or beyond if possible.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

NemeSS, you might read both of Greg Banish's books, these will cover the ins/outs of tuning regardless of package.

Both packages can do that, and you won't need a dual tune, there's no need to.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by mterveen
When we began selling the original version, it was $69.99 plus shipping (don't blame me for shipping costs...this was FedEx and insured delivery). This original version was printed and spiral bound due to the high number of requests we received from initial product testers who demanded that the book be able to fold over for easy use in the car. Beta testers seemed to give this feature (spiral binding) high marks as well with the exception of a few who absolutley hated spiral binding. After receiving plenty of emails from past and potential customers with complaints about the high cost of the book (yet hearing that they loved the content and the case studies which couldn't be found in any other book), we determined that we should make a cheaper version to help get this information to more people. So, we made a GM-specific book (no Ford info at all) and used the perfect-binding method which costs about 1/5 of the price of spiral binding. You end up with a book with lower page count (as we deleted the Ford section and Ford-related content) and cheaper binding, so $39.99. The Ford book is next after the release of the EFI Live version and it too, will have approximately 200 pages, be perfect bound and priced similarly to our current GM book. Lastly, to keep this in perspective and eliminate any feelings of entitlement out there from any of my earliest book customers, I'd like to point out that A GREAT NUMBER of the initial product testers and beta testers called me with specific questions about tuning their own cars (and multiple calls at that!). I took ALL of these calls with a smile on my face knowing I was helping people who bought the original version even though you bought a book, not tech support. This is something that many of you forget when you fill my email box asking questions about webinars or wonder why the new books are cheaper. The vast majority of you got special care and help in return for being an early customer and that's gotta be worth something.
Cheers!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
9 Second Club

Looking foward to the new release. Not concerned about the expense. The knowledge is worth 10x the cost.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
Well, gents, it's finally coming together. The last of the changes to the "final" version of the book have been made. The printer will receive this final corrected copy on Thursday after we're finished fully proofing the latest version and we should have the printed books back within 20 days.
How's the book coming? We're just past the last predicted availability date.
I'm ready to put it to good use on my G8 cam swap.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good book, Ford book out yet?

What are the details on the online magazine and the tuner club?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
Subscribing to track availability of EFILive Edition.

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

waiting to get this book and put it to good use ..........did the users on here that pre ordered already have the book...can i still pre order....?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by poconojoe
The first edtions covered everything, the newer ones have less in then, such as the GM version doesn't any of the ford stuff in it, so reducing the page count reduces the cost
I bought the newer cheaper book a few months back. I did learn some from reading it, I did a MAF table tune & adjusted my IFR table for the 42s. I dont recall it covering much on VE tuning though & I could really use one of those.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Addict

Can i pre order the EFI-Live version tuning manual. I would like to get it as soon a possible.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
Can i pre order the EFI-Live version tuning manual. I would like to get it as soon a possible.
I would like to know this as well
Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sorry, but no updates yet. I'm sure the printer is doing everything they can, but I'd guess that this is the printer's busiest time of year as most publishers are racing to get products printed in time for the holiday season. With the delays, the Ford book is put farther back. So goes the way of life...
Trust me, as soon as I get word, I'll be front and center to take your money! I'm not holding back just to put you guys through more pain and suspense. Regarding any questions on pre-orders, this is an old thread that was brought back from last year when pre-orders were being taken for my previous book that features HP Tuners software. There is no pre-order for the EFI Live version yet and there won't be until we get word from the printer that the books are done and have shipped to us. I'm sure it won't be much longer.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Doh! Thanks for the update

Are we there yet?

how about now?
Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

I predict the new book will be released tomorrow! Why? Because I got impatient and just ordered the old version for now
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MawneeC5
I predict the new book will be released tomorrow! Why? Because I got impatient and just ordered the old version for now
No doubt about it. Just like washing your car makes it rain.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

This book is fantastic. Its got all the technical info you'd expect. But with straight foward explainations of what you are trying to accomplish and the best way to do it.

I'll definetly be buying the EFILive version when its relseased!

Quick Reply: Master efi tuner - gm efi...pre-order now