Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i have no idea whats going on

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have no idea whats going on

so i at whits end with my car. nothing is wroking right...when the cars running all my sensors are going hay wire...my maf,iat,map,cam,and im sure something elseit all started after the cam swap...i had a 6.0 done and it had been in the car for about 2 months before i installed the cam...i dont know what to do i want to get the car tuned could it be the ecu? or a ground? or the harness? i dont know what else it can be..i have a friend thats going to let me use his stock ecu to try...but i dont know when...any one help please

Last edited by f-bodyguy; 01-26-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you did the cam swap, did you pull the heads off as well?
This sounds like a grounding issue. You have 3 ground wires on the back of the drivers side head that need to be grounded. Those grounds are for the ECU, and sensors. If those grounds are not hooked up your ECU and gauges will act funny.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

i did not pull the heads..but i have pulled the intake and replaced the cam sensor and the pigtail trying to get my tach working. so your saying the 3 grounds on the driverside heads is the ecu grounds?i felt back there and it only felt like 2....im going to pull the intake off and see if i can find out if one of the grounds is broken..thanks any info helps...
Old 01-27-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

It is very easy to tear one off. I had mine all attached, but one wire had a bad connection and had too high resistance which made the PCM act goofie.