Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast managment tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast managment tuning question

I have a buddy that does tuning primarily on mustangs and uses the f.a.s.t system.
Since I put my car together with new heads, cam, victor jr/4150 TB setup Im probly going to either have to tow it somewhere to have it SD tuned or have my buddy that does the mustangs come to the house to get a basic, drivable tune on it so I can get it somewhere with a dyno for the WOT tuning.

My dumb newbie Question is, since he has never done a ls1 with his system, is there any adapters or anythng I will need for his system to work on the Fbody, or is all the fast managment systems work on either mustang or fbodys?? Also, how much difference is it tuning in SD form as opposed to regular MAF tuning? And will the fast system be able to tune in SD?

I guess what Im getting at, is can he take his fast and get my car drivable on a SD tune even tho he has only used it on stangs..?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Short answer= No.
The FAST and the GM pcm are two totally different systems.
The FAST will do a FAST system in SD.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks. I didnt know the fast actually replaces our pcm. I was confused because he made it seem like he could tune multiple cars with it. Had me wondering if it was kinda like hp tuners, although im aware a stang pcm is much different then ours.