PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on my new car

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on my new car

I bought a 00 formula yesterday. The car orignally had the cats removed since it was registered in Nevada, since I was buying the car in California I had the guy I was buying it from put cats back on it before I bought it. I test drove the car with the cats removed and it ran fine. I drove it again (just around the block) before purchasing it amd it again ran fine. Today after driving it for about an hour anytime I take my foot off the gas it dies and will not idle at all untill i hold it about 1200 RPM. Unfortunately for me the guy I bought the car from did not know much about it so I do not know what all mods are on the car I can tell from looking it has stock intake, heads, and TB. I am assuming it is a tune problem as the car was most likely tuned with the cats removed. I was wondering if the cats would make that much of a diffrence in the tune to make the car not idle? I was also wondering if the mail in tune for the cats going back on was out of the question since I am not sure if the car is cammed?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Are we talking about stock cats and exhaust manifolds, etc. or aftermarket headers, high flow cats, exhaust?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 PM

Sorry I guess I could have included that but it was getting a little long. It has edelbrock shortys, Borla cat back, and OEM cat
Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Teching In

You might want to check your plugs and wires if it is missing under power might be something that cheap and easy
Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 PM

It runs fine under power and even idled fine when I started it up at home it was only after it warmed up on the way to work that it strted dieing. I tryed letting it cool of for a couple hours and started it up again and it still would not idle.