Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big cam running o2 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default big cam running o2 sensors?

I have a comp cam 248/252 .615/.622 110 lsa with dart heads. Stock shortblock. I didn't have much luck tuning it with trying to use the front o2 sensors to control the fuel. I paid someone to tune it for me but all his tuned have been poring a lot of fuel into the motor. He thinks my o2s are bad. I've done some research and have read about a big overlap tricking my o2 sensors into thinking that it is running lean. Maybe it just bad o2 sensors, I'm not sure but I hate to spend $150 on something that I might not be able to use anyway. What do you guys think? What should I do next?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Did the tuner not use a wideband? I've seen Narrowband O2's be very sluggish and not very accurate with bigger cam's and longtube headers. A wideband is much easier to use but even still with the overlap of that cam a wideband still won't be exactly right either. This is where experience and a keene ear is the best tuning tool to getting the idle fueling and timing right!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry I forgot to say that he is doing me a e-mail tune. So I have been sending him log files. I have a wide band in the car and it was getting in the high 9s with his tune.

Quick Reply: big cam running o2 sensors?