Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GEN 3 DBW idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default GEN 3 DBW idle issue

I have an 01 tahoe 5.3l/4L60E that is not wanting to idle. It starts up and climbs right up to 3-4k. TPS is steay at about 6% The only thing i have been able to see that looks off to me is that my IAC desired goes from 210 down to 0 then it sounds like the throttle is pegged. I have a HPT log file I can post it when i get home if someone would like to give it a look see. I am stumped with this. I have checked everything i can think to check.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

I followed the idle relearn procedure after i put some mufflers on the truck and it settled right down to about 1200. I put it in gear and it died.....not sure what that is about
Old 04-16-2010, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

I did some spraying with the brake cleaner and it idled up really high near the passenger side of the manifold in the front. I tightened the intake bolts up about a half turn and it settled down a little then i heard a sucking sound form the egr tube and sho nuff it wasnt hooked up all the way. I made a plug out of the brake cleaner cap and some electrical tape and jammed it in there and the idle pretty much settled down at 800. Now i need to figure out why it is dying in gear and not moving when i put it in gear.