Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mass Air Flow Sensor / Open Loop

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Air Flow Sensor / Open Loop

A couple weeks ago I was under my car checking out a leak in my exhaust and saw one of the o2 sensors was not pluged in so I went to plug it in and there was 2 connectors that it could plug into so I pluged it in the one that I thought was right. Well last week I borrowed a friends scanner to make sure my O2 sensor was pluged in correctly. Hooked up the scanner and sure enough I pluged it into the wrong one. I fixed that and reset the check engine light and it got rid of the o2 code but there is a code for the Skip shift Solenoid, I thought i looked at that and there was a bypass but i guess not so i am gonna get a bypass to fix that.

So now that problem is fixed I was watching the data on the scanner and the pcm is staying in open loop. I took it for a drive and watching the data and the MAF is reading 0.0 and 0 hz. The pcm is not throwing any codes. So my question is could the MAF be the reason why its staying in open loop and if I need to replace the MAF I might as well upgrade. Ive read that the Z06 MAf is a good replacement is this true and what other suggestions are there. It is a 98 TA WS6 LS1 with a LS6 intake, long tube headers, no cat and 4.10 rear end. All this was done before i bought the car so there might be more upgrades too but not sure. I am pretty sure it has the stock TB, I have heard mixed things about port and polish TB with this setup would that be of any benefit?

I dont seem to have any driveability problems and I get 23-25 mpg on the HWY. It was showing a couple missfires on #8 but I never felt it missfire. It has stock wires so im gonna get a set of MSD wires and new plugs.

Thanks for any input

Christopher