Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p2138 code - more info inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p2138 code - more info inside

A friend of mine got the motor/trans/wiring/pedal out of an 06? Trailblazer SS with the LS2, to install into a rock race buggy (he was going to use it to pre-run KOH this year ). There was no PCM, so he picked up one from the wrecking yard, but it was out of something else (E40 PCM).

In my experience, a 4wd tune does not do well in 2wd applications, so we had GM flash it with an 06 GTO tune and then I went in and tuned it - modified spark, injector, etc. tables.

Motor starts and runs fine, but has no throttle response. With my scan tool I can make the throttle body open, so I know it functions. We scanned the pedal and I don't remember the findings now, as it was a month ago, but we decided then it was probably either a bad pedal or bad PCM.

We checked the wiring and it's fine. He tried a new GM pedal and TB with no change.

According to GM, the wiring on the Trailblazer and GTO are the same, including the same pin outs on the pedal.

ANY ideas???? At this point he's wanting to try a new PCM and I hate seeing him toss more money at it, with the shotgun troubleshooting aproach.

Quick Reply: p2138 code - more info inside