Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual to Auto (I know)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual to Auto (I know)

I am new to these awesome engines and really want to put one in my Jeep project. Before I drop the $$, I wanted to know if there will be any problems installing an LS1,2, or 6 that was previously mated to a manual transaxle - I want to use the 4l60e auto in the Jeep. I know what you're thinking but I am over shifting - especially on a steep slope in a Jeep. Is there any reason not to buy an engine that was mated to a manual trans with plans to switch (other than it may not be too cool) ? I'm assuming that I (or someone) can reprogram the computer - or am I missing something. Thanks for answering my newbie question.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the computer can be reprogrammed with a tune from an automatic. But, you will want to get an automatic harness to save yourself a bunch of headaches... I am right up the road from you - if you need any help, let me know.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right on - the dang harness will be different. Given the cost of those I probably should find an automatic. Thanks for the info and I may PM you in the future when I get lost with the rest of this project.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an automatic truck harness that I bought for a swap and I'm not going to use now - if you are interested, let me know... you can either use truck injectors with it, or change the injector pigtails. I'll let it go cheap.