PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old LS1Edit .. Tuner can't get into my PCM?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Old LS1Edit .. Tuner can't get into my PCM?!

Hey guys,

My tuner called and said that my PCM is locked, and that he doesn't have the correct software to get into it. After digging into some crap on my car, I found that it's an LS1Edit "tune."

How would we go about getting through this? I do NOT wanna have to pay out the *** for a new computer.

Thanks everyone

edit: Can a dealer Flash over this?

Last edited by 98 WS6; 05-21-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the seed/key was changed a dealer cannot flash over a tunerlocked pcm. With that said there are several places that offer unlocking services and several more on this and other forums that offer low cost replacement pcm's(in many cases less than what a dealer would charge just to flash your current pcm).
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Hey guys,

My tuner called and said that my PCM is locked, and that he doesn't have the correct software to get into it. After digging into some crap on my car, I found that it's an LS1Edit "tune."

How would we go about getting through this? I do NOT wanna have to pay out the *** for a new computer.

Thanks everyone

edit: Can a dealer Flash over this?
I wold try reading it with a different software suite. It is possible that your tuner has an old version of Edit that doesn't support whatever OS is in your computer. If the PCM is actually locked I do have the ability to unlock it. Let me know if I can be of help.