PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors going up in DTC when wet N20 kit comes on??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Injectors going up in DTC when wet N20 kit comes on??

Before we start details of the combo
Speed Density Tune
Super Victor intake with a plate system (IAT is in the Filter hat)
347ci 11-1
Ported heads
Trex
SVO 30's at 58psi
Dual Walbro 255's

I'm looking at a couple logs from last weekend. On motor I am at 92% DTC with the SVO 30's that were in the truck (Just put 60's in it). It's always peaked there and not over that. So I know that's a consistant number from many logs.. Tunes are also prety consistant as far as AFR.

This weekend I got my N20 kit working. The only change to the tune was at 4,800 I started ramping timing down 10* and it was down to 19* at 5,800. Bottle comes on at 5,900 and it's a 100 hit for now.

On the bottle the first run you can see when the bottle comes on it goes way fat (12.30ish to 10.85) and continues to get more fat. I didn't notice the Injector Duty going up until I got home. It's at 97+% (does a weird dip up top of second as well causing a slight lean condition and recovers).

On the second I went down in fuel jet size to try and get a better AFR. This run the injectors went further up to 102 in spots. AFR didn't change all that much.

Since it's a 1bar SD software, I don't use the MAF at all.

The IAT sensor is in the air cleaner hat and I use a plate system, so the bottle won't effect the IAT temp. However it did start to cool down a little.
NA the IAT started at 102* went down to 99* by the end of the run.
1st bottle pass started at 91* went down to 90* by the end of the run.
2nd bottle pass started at 97* went down to 93* by the end of the run.

But since it's SD and no MAF, doesn't it rely on just the MAP and RPM other than the PE multiplier? PE multiplier is a constant 1.143 to take the VE down to 12.85 assuming my VE is spot on at 14.7. My adders for IAT and Coolant temp under PE are blanked out so that shouldn't skew things either.

Map is between 96-100 on the NA pass and 97-100 on the bottle pass's.

I'm not sure what is going on. If anyone could help, that's be great.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
1.hpl (131.8 KB, 153 views)
Bottle 1.hpl (64.3 KB, 365 views)
Bottle 2.hpl (62.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: hpt
bottle.hpt (461.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I had to do.

I had almost the same setup as you have about 3 years and I started with almost the same problems. What I done was this.
I had different friends come and try some different tunes with the car. I looked online and found other cars with or near the mods that I had. I tried working from that, but no luck. It just wasn't right. I put a NO timer that could allow that burn time at the RPM's I wanted and I tunned on it for quite some time until it was right. With that same setup it was at 600rwhp and 602tq. I dont know if this will help, but thought I would say something about my problem and how I fixed it.
jay
Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it has to do with the dynamic cyl air change when the bottle comes on.

Dyn Cyl Air NA is min .84 max .88
Bottle pass 1 is min .88 max .91
Bottle pass 2 is min .86 max .91

This was brought to my attention on HPtuners.