Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Startup Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Startup Tuning

Need some help! '98 Z (ls1edit, ya, i know) 232/234 cam, bolt ons, 241 heads, 3400 stall. Have a problem with startup surging especially when cold. I've tuned several cars with heads/cam setups and of course will fight the one that belongs to me. The MAF tables have been corrected and the VE tables were adjusted 70%, 80% and 90%. Here's where it gets good. On startup, it will start and surge twice then it smooths out, also after I flash the pcm it starts fine for the first couple of cold starts then goes back to how it was progressively getting worse. After a few weeks it will get bad enough that on the second surge it will stall. Cannot find a vacuum leak, FT's are +/- 3 and has zero driveability beyond startup. Not sure if I have a problem with the engine/sensor (no dtc's) or if it is tune related. Was told to drill t.b., but I always thought that was the point of tuning software and would like to stay away from that. Any ideas or additional things to check would be appreciated! Thanks in advance guys!!!