Sponsored by:

Somebody with Efilive, please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Somebody with Efilive, please help

HI.

I need to do a segment swap for a swap project I'm doing.

I have a PCM with automatic calibration, OS 12592618, controller P59. 2005 Silverado with 4L60E. I need to convert it to manual.

I haven't found a tune file compatible with mine. The only manual tune I found is in .tun format (Efilive) and I can't open it because I have HPTuners.

I need somebody with Efilive who can open the file and convert it to .BIN so I can send it to support to be segment swaped.

OR, If somebody has a manual tune I can use, I would be very grateful. I need it to be OS 12592618

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could give it to you as a cal file, but unless you know somebody with Jet DT or Tuner Cat and a PCM to load it in and extract it as a Bin file, it will not do you any good. If HP was a half decent outfit, since they don't allow you to do your own segment swaps, they should have good library of them, to do your swaps from. If all else fails you could send me your PCM and I could load the M6 File in it and extract it out as a Bin, then load your stock file back in it and sent it back to you. You'd just owe for the postage and a beer and a slice of pizza, since Bill's girlfriend Crager says charging any money constitutes soliciting
Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

If you want to send me the .cal I will convert and send the .bin to him.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DynoDR
Joe,

If you want to send me the .cal I will convert and send the .bin to him.
email me at poconojoe@verizon.net
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Email sent..
Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Thank you very much for your help guys, I really appreciate it
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep segment swap's are def needed in HPT! There is a hackish way to do it with HPT though...
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by poconojoe
I could give it to you as a cal file, but unless you know somebody with Jet DT or Tuner Cat and a PCM to load it in and extract it as a Bin file, it will not do you any good. If HP was a half decent outfit, since they don't allow you to do your own segment swaps, they should have good library of them, to do your swaps from. If all else fails you could send me your PCM and I could load the M6 File in it and extract it out as a Bin, then load your stock file back in it and sent it back to you. You'd just owe for the postage and a beer and a slice of pizza, since Bill's girlfriend Crager says charging any money constitutes soliciting
I have a pretty good database of files but most of them consist of 4l80 files since most that have come to us are going from an m6 or 4l60 to a 4l80, this one just happened to be one combination I didn't have on hand, it happens.

-Bill
Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
I have a pretty good database of files but most of them consist of 4l80 files since most that have come to us are going from an m6 or 4l60 to a 4l80, this one just happened to be one combination I didn't have on hand, it happens.

-Bill
I have only good things to say about HPTuners.

I have always received great customer service, fast email replies from you and a nice software.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Banned

-Bill
All the expertise there, and you couldn't convert a Cal or Tun File to a Bin? Or just were not willing?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the expertise there, and you couldn't convert a Cal or Tun File to a Bin? Or just were not willing?
Is this a serious question? We are hptuners, not tunercat, not efilive, how exactly am I supposed to "convert" a cal or tun file to a bin?

If you are recommending we hack efilive's or tunercats proprietary formatting, no we will not be doing that anytime soon.

Last edited by foff667; 06-08-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try this one...

(change file ext to .bin)
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
2005_Cad_ LS6_M6.hpt (1.00 MB, 201 views)
Old 06-08-2010, 02:28 PM
FormerVendor

I see like 4 of them in the repository that (all CTS V's) have that OS...
Old 06-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

Is this a serious question? We are hptuners, not tunercat, not efilive, how exactly am I supposed to "convert" a cal or tun file to a bin?

If you are recommending we hack efilive's or tunercats proprietary formatting, no we will not be doing that anytime soon.
Seriously Bill, What kind bull excuse is that? What do you mean hack Efi Live's or TunerCats proprietary formatting? Its called reverse engineering, just like you reverse engineer GM's Ford's and Chrysler operating systems. So if you're going to try to make an excuse, for just offering mediocre tech support, you'll have to find a better reason then that. I can give you a great example Microsoft offers many software packages, that will open their competitors files, you don't hear anybody screaming, that their proprietary format is being hacked. There are plenty of file convertor out there on the market, if the demand for automotive file convertors was bigger, I'm sure somebody would address it, and offer something to fill the void. Yes you're right, you are Hptuners, that why you responded with a lame excuse, instead of coming back and saying, "I talked to our software engineers and they said they'd look into seeing if we could break new ground and have our tuner open any format"
PS If I need to explain to you, how to convert the file, you should find a new job, they'll be looking for people to pick up oil along the coastline, shortly, it will part of OB's stimulus package.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DynoDR
Try this one...

(change file ext to .bin)
It's done!! Bill sent me the swapped file, fast as always.

Thank you all who contributed. I really appreciate it guys.
I owe you a beer

Regards.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
It's done!! Bill sent me the swapped file, fast as always.

Thank you all who contributed. I really appreciate it guys.
I owe you a beer

Regards.
That's what we're here for, let us know how it works out

Quick Reply: Somebody with Efilive, please help