Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help, security code...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help, security code...

i did a search and couldnt really find anything. i dont think its a very huge issue but you never know. i get in start my car and run it or about a mile and the damn security light pops on and stays on till i turn the car off. it doenst hinder the car in anyway but i have no clue why its doing it. anyone have any ideas that could help me figure thsi out?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msurferh
i did a search and couldnt really find anything. i dont think its a very huge issue but you never know. i get in start my car and run it or about a mile and the damn security light pops on and stays on till i turn the car off. it doenst hinder the car in anyway but i have no clue why its doing it. anyone have any ideas that could help me figure thsi out?
Does it start right up after this happens? It could be a sign them 2 small wires are starting to break to the key reader in the column. Thats the #1 thing that causes problems with the VATS Pass Key system. If so, one day you will get in your car (like I did last year) & the car wont crank over like the starter is bad.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i have no problem starting it at all. turn the car off and itll start right up after