Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question over tune and LSA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Quick question over tune and LSA

So a friend of mine really likes the power of his cam, he just wishes he would have went with a 112 instead of a 114 for the LSA (mainly for the sound, he thinks the 114 doesn't sound aggressive enough). He's thinking about purchasing the same cam with the different LSA and leaving his tune alone. I told him he should probably have it looked over by a tuner just to make sure the tables are set correctly for the new LSA but he doesn't feel it's necessary. Would it be wise to get the tune checked over? If for nothing else, maybe freeing up some extra power? I told him he should just keep the cam as it is because it works fine and sounds good, but he's pretty persistent. haha
Old 06-26-2010, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The power ranges of the two grinds are not the same, nor are the needs at and around idle.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TechCam97
So a friend of mine really likes the power of his cam, he just wishes he would have went with a 112 instead of a 114 for the LSA (mainly for the sound, he thinks the 114 doesn't sound aggressive enough). He's thinking about purchasing the same cam with the different LSA and leaving his tune alone. I told him he should probably have it looked over by a tuner just to make sure the tables are set correctly for the new LSA but he doesn't feel it's necessary. Would it be wise to get the tune checked over? If for nothing else, maybe freeing up some extra power? I told him he should just keep the cam as it is because it works fine and sounds good, but he's pretty persistent. haha
If he dosn't like the sound of the cam and wants the cam to sound more aggressive, a good tuner can make the cam sound bigger or smaller than it actually is.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will need to be retuned...
Old 06-26-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks ya'll! I figured as much, he just wouldn't believe me. I'll have him check this post out and see if it will convince him. I still think it's kind of stupid to even swap out cams just for the LSA, the car pulls hard and sounds mean as it is.