PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPtuners - Flash someone else's stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPtuners - Flash someone else's stock tune?

I would like to start over with my car's stock tune, but I only have someone else's from the HP Tuners web site. I can't save changes/write the calibration to my car, so how do I license it to my vehicle?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your better off copying the tables so you don't have to spend credits licenseing that OS.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Your better off copying the tables so you don't have to spend credits licenseing that OS.
That is very time consuming but it is the best way I have found. Once you do that, make a pair of copies and put them in a safe place. That way you always have a base "safe" tune to go back to.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post the tune that you are working with now and I'll make a stock calibration for you from it to preserve your licensing. It only takes me a minute.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frost
Post the tune that you are working with now and I'll make a stock calibration for you from it to preserve your licensing. It only takes me a minute.
How are you doing that. Bench harness and EFI LIVE? Exploiting HPTuners flawed licensing scheme.. I love it.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by macca_779
How are you doing that. Bench harness and EFI LIVE? Exploiting HPTuners flawed licensing scheme.. I love it.
Geez Mr. Happy, maybe he is using the OP's licensed tune file (thats why is asked him for it) and then a known stock tune (same vintage and OS) that he has in his own repository, open them in compare mode. View Comparison Log, copy differences. If you have files you can trust you can copy like tables this way, not too hard.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
That is very time consuming but it is the best way I have found. Once you do that, make a pair of copies and put them in a safe place. That way you always have a base "safe" tune to go back to.
Just to expand on how to do this. Once you have your "View comparision Log" open then right click on Engine and "Copy over differences" and same on transmission and you will have copied the file. Only thing I've found that won't copy over is your Engine Diag DTCs. Haven't tried but may everything under that block.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macca_779
Haha I just spit a little coffee

No, nothing so devious.

Originally Posted by 69LT1Bird
Geez Mr. Happy, maybe he is using the OP's licensed tune file (thats why is asked him for it) and then a known stock tune (same vintage and OS) that he has in his own repository, open them in compare mode. View Comparison Log, copy differences. If you have files you can trust you can copy like tables this way, not too hard.
This exactly^

Making a cal OEM is the first thing I do when I get a car that has already had tuning done on it so that I can work from scratch.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

do you live in orange county, NY, FL, or CA??
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost

I'm in the same situation. If I contact you on your site can you do the same for me as well? Or I can post it here. Thanks!

Quick Reply: HPtuners - Flash someone else's stock tune?