PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'98 M6 car. Swapped PCMs and now no Speedo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I jacked the rear end up and brought the wheels up to speed and tried it. So to answer your question, no I have not received my shocks yet, but yes I have tested the cruise. And to answer my own question, a reluctor wheel is not in any way going to cause and damage to the PCM.

I have tried to help you find the problem. There was NOTHING wrong with the PCM when I sold it to you. Per your request, I'm leaving the thread now.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was asking the original poster if his cruise worked.. the cruise on a 98 is on its own no pcm needed or even used its a stand alone unlike 99-up which require a data signal to enable.

just the speed signal is used on the 98 (well and the power, brake switch ect)...thats what I was getting at to see if his sensor worked
Old 09-10-2010, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Just did a '02 computer swap. Speedo works fine now. I guess 98camaro28 just got me on this one.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

if you paid via paypal then open a dispute. If you did the 98 to 02 pcm swap and now you have speedo and did nothing else the I would agree with you and say that the 98 pcm you purchased was likely bad.

And one other thing to clear up here.

When you swap a 98 to a 02 pcm you only have to repin the PCM connectors.(swap in the proper fuel segemnt) that is it. NO need to do anyting in the inside of the car. The person who posted that info up should just delete it as it will just confuse more people then help. I under stand he wasnt 100% sure about it, but that portion needs to be deleted.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigboykilroy
if you paid via paypal then open a dispute. If you did the 98 to 02 pcm swap and now you have speedo and did nothing else the I would agree with you and say that the 98 pcm you purchased was likely bad.

And one other thing to clear up here.

When you swap a 98 to a 02 pcm you only have to repin the PCM connectors.(swap in the proper fuel segemnt) that is it. NO need to do anyting in the inside of the car. The person who posted that info up should just delete it as it will just confuse more people then help. I under stand he wasnt 100% sure about it, but that portion needs to be deleted.
I met the guy in person and paid cash. =(

You are correct though. I did nothing other than repin the connectors at the PCM and all is well now. Fuel gauge seems to work perfect as well. I have the swapped fuel segment. Glad I did the upgrade, I just wish I hadn't purchased a defective computer for quite a bit of money.

Any clue if I can edit the trader rating I left him?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

With the evidence that you have presented I would hope the original seller would step up and do the correct thing since you have now obviously proved the PCM was defective.

How much did you pay for the 98 pcm if I may ask?
Old 09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigboykilroy
With the evidence that you have presented I would hope the original seller would step up and do the correct thing since you have now obviously proved the PCM was defective.

How much did you pay for the 98 pcm if I may ask?
I paid either $150 or $175 and this might be the guy I gave some gas money to as well. I've bought so much stuff, it's hard to remember which transaction is which. I doubt he'll step up and do the right thing though. From what I've seen, he's convinced he did nothing wrong no matter what evidence is shown against him.

I guess I'm just going to put the computer up for sale myself for about $50 bucks. If someone doesn't mind not having a speedo, it works fine.