Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners VCM controlled shift light

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP tuners VCM controlled shift light

Ok guys I have a tech question for you. I found a write up on a VCM controlled shift light and it said to wire a couple of LED's in line from a fused 12v source and to the red c2 connector pin # 47. Now everything is pretty straight forward and easy eccept for the part where I don't have pin# 47 wire, a spot for one but no wire. What I'm trying to firgure out here is, which pin on a 2002 will work like pin #47 on the 98 that will ground at specified rpm. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Well as I look over this more he said he got the pin #47 to activate at disered rpm. Is putting in a wire and female receptacle for the pin a consideration? I would think this is what he is getting at. If anyone wants this info it's on the HP tuners forum under VCM controlled shift light. Thanks

Last edited by STREETSLEEPER; 07-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Surley there are enough techies to know this. Can someone tell me if pin # 79 will do the same.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have a pin/wire at #47 because you have an m6. On an auto, pin #47 controls the 2-3 shift solenoid. That's why this will only work on an m6 or a non electronically controlled trans.

Just follow the write up, install a pin and run a wire to your shift light. The PCM will ground the circuit to activate the light. Pin #79 controls the IAC, so that won't work either.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Default Thanx

Originally Posted by built408
You don't have a pin/wire at #47 because you have an m6. On an auto, pin #47 controls the 2-3 shift solenoid. That's why this will only work on an m6 or a non electronically controlled trans.

Just follow the write up, install a pin and run a wire to your shift light. The PCM will ground the circuit to activate the light. Pin #79 controls the IAC, so that won't work either.
Thats what I was confused on. I wasn't clear on the pin installation, soundenginer pm'd me back and got me all straighten out. Thank you for the response.

Quick Reply: HP tuners VCM controlled shift light