Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another knock sensor thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another knock sensor thread

I have been getting both bank knock sensor codes. I replace the sensors and made sure the wiring to the connector was good. I also measured the ohms and it measured at 100k ohms at the connector for each pin. Now the problem is, I am measuring the ohms at the pcm and I am getting around 50 k for each sensor. Is that right? or do I have an issue in the wire harness? If someone could tell me what a normal car should measure at that would be sweet. This problem is making me so frustrated it is ridiculous.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Come on tech guys. need some help.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

measure the wiring from the knock sensor harness to the pcm knock sensor wire. shouldnt be more than i would say 16 ohms would be still fairly normal. make sure your not measuring through your pcm. that will change things and possibly fry the pcm since you are outputting amperage through the pcm to measure the resistance with a multi meter. atleast make sure your multi meter is pcm safe
Old 08-11-2010, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

I will go home and check that out. but if that wire is bad how would I got about replacing it? I guess just spling into the pcm wire as close as possible?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Well I tried to measure the resistance from the connector to the pcm and I wasn't getting anything, just kept readin 0. does that sound right? When I saw that I had the thought that it was just the wires running from the connector to the pcm giving me the problem so I went to radioshack to get 100k ohm resistors to test it out. I have two 100k ohm resistors, one going to each wire on the pcm(dark blue and light blue) and then going to a ground under the hood. Well, I still got the knock sensor code. I am going to home and double check the ohms im getting at the pcm connection I made and see what they read. But I'm guessing they are readuing 100k ohm. If they are what would be my next step? try a different pcm?