Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with passlock 2007 GMC van 4.8L V8

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with passlock 2007 GMC van 4.8L V8

I am looking at a complete van for 1500 13,000 miles and its been wrecked hit a tree on the passenger side, I want to purchase the entire van, but I want to see it run first. Somebody all ready bought the steering wheel air bag ignition switch column cover cruise sw, and tilt buttons. I put a battery in it and using a standard screw driver to rotate the gear wear the ignition switch used to be I can hear the engine crank over but it won't start, and the security light flashes. How can I bypass this without reprogramming it just to see if it will fire if even for a minute or two? Do I need some sort of resister?

All I can think of is the buy a complete column out of a wrecker with ignition key and switch transfer over the connectors. turn the key to the on position wait 10 minutes. than turn it on than back on to start. Will that work?
It works on Colorado and canyons with passlock I swapped in a complete tilt column from the wreckers, and it worked great after I reset it. Any thoughts help??
Old 08-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you're going to need it trned off anyway, get somebody to turn off the VATS in the PCM
By the way it should still start, but shut off after a few seconds