Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalEditor
Contact Ed Wright and ask him if he will tune the car. His software if far superior. Ed can do far more than most tuners and only a few tuners can match him. In the end it make for a better tune
And Ed is not tuning anymore.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by whtrashferrari
XP racing doesnt have a true load bearing dyno but for your build I don't think you really need a shop with that.... Brett from xp comes across kinda stuck up... I think the guy with the white camaro put it the best "a frat boy" .. Could be because hes got a good looking girlfriend or atleast he did.... When you got a good looking chick repeatedly sucking on your johnson it tends to make you think your the ****. Plus alot of his customers hang out with him and praise him by the time you got all these dudes telling you your the **** and a good lookin gal doin and saying the same of course your gonna have a big head." literally"... I say get a wideband installed in your vehicle and tune it yourself ... Youll feel more proud of your results. I have talked to people to people that have worked with FROST and have been happy working with him via email. If your not afraid to take your car out to 110 + on the street/strip you could tune your car yourself . So far the mistakes that were made on my car that was tuned by xp have been fixable and were both wiring and tune related. There is lots of tuner choices in oklahoma.. You got Brett you have glenn and both were taught by the same guy . Glenn will give you a great safe base tune that you can edit for a great price. Xp is a great place to go if your having them do all the work on the car engine install build etc be ready to fork over some serious coin!!!. . Abel racing has had good feedback also.. but why not just try and tune it yourself?!?! Most of the guys tuning cars around here have very limited true automotive backgrounds .... When I first met bret he was working for home depot but that was 5 years ago though and you "can" learn alot in 5 years! atleast some people do.. The fastest lsx cars in Oklahoma came from people garages not from a tuner shop... and how can you truly feel proud of what yah have if you didnt atleast attempt tune it yourself?!! why have a car hobby at all if your not really into it?
You are full of **** on that one. I was tuning cars before any of those people were even born.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

No actually Im not! You were taught by the late jason spiller how to even use your tuning software.. who is about half your age tuning "cars" is another story I am sure your old *** has been tuning cars for quite some time. but do give credit where it is due! I am glad that you have something you can supplement your social security with!
You better check with Jason about that. We weren't speaking to each other then and aren't to this day so I don't know how he could have showed me anything. I am the one who showed Sam from QCR how to use his LS1Edit. And to quote Brian Sneed who owned Powerhouse Performance where Jason used to use his dyno to tune "all I ever saw Jason do on my dyno was blow **** up". Those are Brian's words, not mine. You should keep your mouth shut when you don't know what you are talking about whoever you are.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BMFZ28
QCR was renting thier laptop with ls1 edit software to them before they " extreme" or now "xp" were in business. I been going to sam for about 8 years. QCR incorporated in early 2002, as far as Brett goes, Sam said that he never tought him a thing, they don't even talk. The only interaction they ever had is when Bret called QCR out and when QCR showed up at the track Brett BITCHED up and didn't want to race.

Now if you want to drag QCR in this, man up quit being little BITCHES and give Sam a Call. 405-799-2277.
Before I bought my tuning equipment Sam was letting me use his LS1Edit on my own car in exchange for me teaching him how to use it. Mike at City Chevy arranged our meeting. The reason I even invested in my own equipment was in June of 2004 Sam and I met at Powerhouse to tune a 04 Vette with his LS1Edit equipment. None of it worked and I decided then that if I was going to do this professionally I needed to have my own equipment that worked. Sam got all butt hurt over it and hasn't spoken to me since. I have no idea what his relationship was with Extreme Performance or XP. At one time I was 1/2 owner of Extreme Performance before Jason Spiller and I dissolved our partnership. At that time neither of us was doing EFI tuning. Don't try to tell me what I have personally experienced.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sams tuning equipment was never used outside of his presence. Why don't you ask him why his **** didn't work. Take some remedial reading classes too.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Teching In

My .2 cents lol

Glen is the ****
Able gets it done

Sam is a mouthy **** with a slow car
Brett is a mouthy **** with a slow car

the only folks i would take any ls car to get tuned is glen (which i have personal experience with his tuning abilities) and abel from which i have seen good stuff come out of there as well.

As far as whttrashferrari , mouthy **** with a slow car.

Last time i saw him he was about 40 cars behind me and getting worse by the minute. This troll rolls form forum to forum starting **** and thinking no one will call him on his bullshit. Let me know when you feel like giving me some more of your money bitch boy
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Funny the stuff you find when you search the name of your shop and your first name on a website. I have been doing electronic engine control work since 1986, and started APS in 1995 in a 3 car leased concrete block shop. I know first hand Glen knows his stuff, and I have learned a lot from him myself. I see his diligence to do his work to the best of his ability first hand on nearly a daily basis. He doesn't give up unlike someone who makes a freequent habit of it.

Bo Woody
Old 09-14-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bo Woody. One of the best automotive troubleshooters I've ever seen. Owner of 1 of 2 load bearing Mustang dynos in OKC.

Big Chief and his boys roll the fastest street cars not only in OKC but most of the mid-west.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Teching In

UH OH MY RAMBLINGS HAVE ATTRACTED BIG CHIEF and it was only half my money bean dip .

Growing up S. SIDE chicago makes you a mouthy **** but ill back it up!

so where did you get the other half of the money you had to pay me when i drug your ***!

I dont care where you grew up, you cant back up a shopping cart.

How is talking **** for 12 hours on a computer, then getting drug and your money took in your home town "backing up" anything?

Is that big bad xp car ready for another *** crackin? This time, my wifes car in okc for 500?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Teching In

pump gas small block on street tires, no cage, stock interior, stock suspension, all glass, 3700+ pounds.

No trailer, meet at certain spot, drive to race spot, drag your *** and take your 500.....You in?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Teching In

and it wasnt 40 cars it was 10!!! Godamn I didnt think you would come out here with a full blown drag car running on race gas but it was fun and ill do it again! LOL Im still surprised yah showed up lol the best part was when you guys walked around my car looking to see if it was worthy ...that was classic I haven't had that much fun since i lived in Chicago and used to race on doty road, and yeah I am a mouthy ****** with a slow car but you hillbillies sure are some sensitive *******!

and I would of waxed you in my old car Big Chief

i would have drug that pile too
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CalEditor
Contact Ed Wright and ask him if he will tune the car. His software if far superior. Ed can do far more than most tuners and only a few tuners can match him. In the end it make for a better tune
Sorry for the late find. What exactly is different in Ed Wright's tunercat and HPTuners software? I didn't see any magical software the times I was there and I kept my nose in it the whole time.

All Ed did for my customer was create driveability problems, preach that it couldn't be in his tune and take my company's money for an unsatisfactory calibration. Glen fixed it later. We found that Ed zeroed out the VE table and after a corrected VE table was reflashed into the PCM the driveability problems were gone. Ed's unwillingness to accept he made a mistake is a character flaw I refer to as a God complex. I can't count the times he told me it can't be in my tune as I busted my *** on and off for 4 months looking for a fault on the vehicle that didn't exist.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Dude your crew wouldn't last 10 minutes on doty road and I really doubt if you would of hung with me back in the day. you would of been little squaw where Im from.

but thats either here nor there.. ill take yah up on that race when im ready for it right now I m gonna be a bitch and back out lol I still gotta get the xp out of this car

damn, what a shame. Bitching out of a race, after all the **** you talked to me about if i didnt show i was bitching out.

As i said, mouthy **** with a slow car. And obviously you cant back up ****.

I am giving you a race with a real street car.

Ill even give you the hit......how much more do you want?

355 cubic inch, pump gas 3700 pounds of old *** outdated technology stck *** turd giving you the hit from your roll? Easy 500 is what it sounds like for that big bad car of yours!

PS>......every time chi town has come around we have DRUG their asses. And still will. Chi town aint got **** on the 405!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

ed has quite a few horror stories so does brett glenn really doesnt
I was just givin him some **** man you hillbillies are sensitive! I met glen at thunder valley with a few techs I used to work with at the dealer when i first moved here like 8 years ago he had beard at the time he seemed liked a good guy .. sorry i cant help Im a mouthy **** from chicago sometimes its where im from and who I am .. Im this irritating in person too! you guys and all your salty looks on your faces you all need to get laid and quit sniffin the c16
But I like the C-16. My junk runs on 91 you wanna give me some of your money too?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Teching In

ed has quite a few horror stories so does brett glenn really doesnt
I was just givin him some **** man you hillbillies are sensitive! I met glen at thunder valley with a few techs I used to work with at the dealer when i first moved here like 8 years ago the same dudes that told me about big cheif being bean dip back in the day funny stuff!!! glenn had beard at the time he seemed liked a good guy looked like an Iraqi though.. sorry i cant help Im a mouthy **** from chicago its where im from and who I am .. Im this irritating in person too! you guys and all your salty looks on your faces you all need to get laid and quit sniffin the c16

too bad your tech buddies couldnt save you from losing your scrilla
Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMFAO @ whtrashferrari, dude your a joke. I know you dont know me & all I know of you is in this thread, LOL. But my opinion stands. Anyone who trys to brag about where they grew up makin them into ANYTHING & then posting a pic of themselves tryin WAY too hard to look cool standing by a car is a 100% certified douchebag.

Dont be ***** hurt cause Chief drug your ***, your not the first & wont be the last. At least keep a little self respect & take your *** whippin like a man & dont cry about it or try to say "I'd have drug you in my old car", LOL. Thats some ****** ricer ****, grow up if your gonna try to race grown men.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Somewhat back on topic....

Glen Lapinski (Sorry Glen I probably murdered the last name). Tuned my SS for me. Im having some issues with it but im positive its with the car itself and not the tune. Ive been on APS's dyno and nothing but good things to say about APS. I have had one thing done at APS, I had an electronic brake control module installed there due to having no time nor tools at that point. I have met Brett a handful of times and he seems to be a straight forward stand up guy.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

if you are looking for someone in tulsa, try VDP (918)660-5085. he tuned a tech'ers car and made some pretty amazing numbers. he uses hptuners with a dynojet dyno. stock displacement car with prc 5.3 2.5 heads, ms3, fast102/102, 42lb injectors, lt's, u/d and some other stuff, 6-speed and a 3.42 10-bolt laid down a best of 503whp! he is a very dedicated tuner and will not stop untill everything is perfect. i think he made around 40 pulls that day. he charges by the hour and not by the pulls. he can do n/a, n2o, boost, speed density, you name it. numbers sound outrageous but i know him and the customer. call him for yourself.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good buddy of mine Rudy works there(VDP). They arent really known for tuning domestics but they do have the capability, dyno & tuning software for it. I know since Rudy started there they have picked up more domestic traffic than before.

I'm thinking Rudy needs to put together a local fbody/GM gathering up there maybe with a dyno day or something to get the word out more. Thats where I plan to strap mine to the rollers eventually since I never have time to travel outta town.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
A good buddy of mine Rudy works there(VDP). They arent really known for tuning domestics but they do have the capability, dyno & tuning software for it. I know since Rudy started there they have picked up more domestic traffic than before.

I'm thinking Rudy needs to put together a local fbody/GM gathering up there maybe with a dyno day or something to get the word out more. Thats where I plan to strap mine to the rollers eventually since I never have time to travel outta town.
yeah i know rudy. i just got his 9" from him.

vang has been ate up with ls1's now. he is doin some pretty awesome things over there. he is very thorough. i am going to take my car over there for the fine tuning after the 9" install.

i agree we need to have an lsx dyno day.

Quick Reply: Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas