PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, buy me a laptop with HPtuners or EFIlive & I'll gladly learn how to tune it myself. I used to buy into the Ed hype like tuning was a black magic secret art, then I opened my eyes, LOL. I just dont have the equipment or money to invest right now to do my own tuning. But eventually I'll have a laptop with software so I can do whatever I need anytime I need to.

I got a buddy local that tunes his own LS cars, boosted & N/A. I'm gonna have him do the actual tune on it & its only gonna cost me enough for him to get another liscense for EFIlive. But I'll most likely use VDP for the dyno time after we street tune it since I know Rudy & they charge by the hour instead of by pulls.

Plus I think Tulsa Dyno shut down & never reopened their doors. I know when they closed there was talks about teamin up with a tuner to open a new shop but our local board shut down & I never heard anything else about it.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, this got out of hand quickly...
Old 09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Teching In

FYI, Ed is still tuning at his home. No dyno, no shop.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NEokcTERROR
Sorry for the late find. What exactly is different in Ed Wright's tunercat and HPTuners software? I didn't see any magical software the times I was there and I kept my nose in it the whole time.

All Ed did for my customer was create driveability problems, preach that it couldn't be in his tune and take my company's money for an unsatisfactory calibration. Glen fixed it later. We found that Ed zeroed out the VE table and after a corrected VE table was reflashed into the PCM the driveability problems were gone. Ed's unwillingness to accept he made a mistake is a character flaw I refer to as a God complex. I can't count the times he told me it can't be in my tune as I busted my *** on and off for 4 months looking for a fault on the vehicle that didn't exist.
Just who the **** are you?

As far as a zeroed out VE table, that is simply a God damned lie!
Why the hell would anybody do that?

As far as the software, you evidently don't know what the hell you were looking at. Damn sure don't know what you are talking about.
I have abour 25% more paramerters in my version of Tunercat than you have access to with any version of that or hptuners that you could go out and buy. You wouldn't know what to do with them anyway.

Glen has fixed some cars I have worked on, I have fixed some of his. I don't know anybody perfect.

What vehicle are you talking about? And why are afraid to use your name?

I have sold my dyno and closed the shop, only doing what I can from home right now.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Put your glasses on Ed. He clearly said his name is Bo Woody and his shop is APS. If you couldn't see that in his posts then maybe you can't see what you are entering in the tables.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Just who the **** are you?

Why the hell would anybody do that?

As far as the software, you evidently don't know what the hell you were looking at. Damn sure don't know what you are talking about.
I have abour 25% more paramerters in my version of Tunercat than you have access to with any version of that or hptuners that you could go out and buy. You wouldn't know what to do with them anyway.

Glen has fixed some cars I have worked on, I have fixed some of his. I don't know anybody perfect.

What vehicle are you talking about? And why are afraid to use your name?

I have sold my dyno and closed the shop, only doing what I can from home right now.
1. Check post #49 before you insult my manhood about not posting my name.

2. I stood right there as Glen read the tune out of that PCM with tunercat. I stood right there over his shoulder and looked at the VE table with those crazy low values in it over a large area of the map. I stood right there and installed the other PCM for the same truck you programmed and saw it read out the same exact tune with the same VE table. I also still have it with your sticker on it the way you last programmed it.

3. After the few times I shipped the PCM to you, and the one time you had the Yukon in your posession misfiring on your dyno without fixing the problem you had me convinced the problem was elsewhere. In your own words on more than one occasion, "I don't know what it is but it's not in my tune". Even knowing as I had told you with a completely stock PCM the problem did not occur.

4. After OE distributors, OE and aftermarket plugs/wires/caps/rotors/coils, testing valve springs, replacing the Accel 300+ box, inspecting valve guides with the seal removed heads on the vehicle, flow testing injectors, different PCM's purchased. Hours and hours on end thinking about what have I overlooked in my over 16 years at the time of EFI diagnostics.

5. I pride myself my shop and my help at not quitting as there is no problem than cannot be remedied. Parts and labor (mine and employees I paid to carry out each next worthless adventure of parts swapping). I had totaled to nearly $4,200. This is not all a loss as many of the parts were resold, but at the time 100% out of my pocket expense to cure a non-existent electro-mechanical issue.

6. A customer like no other as this battle to cure a driveability problem pressed on for nearly 2 years. Thank you David Smith for your patience and continued business.

7. The problem: an annoying misfire right where you drive the truck 1800 to 2100 RPM light to no load an erratic misfire just as if it had a cracked plug faulty wire etc.

8. I found Glen later and even after driving we both doubted it was possible it was in the PCM calibration. He agreed to take a look at it and what was found is in this post previously. After putting the stock VE table back in it to work off of the problem disappeared.

I know people make mistakes. I make my own. I don't however say there's nothing else I can do for my customer.

Bo Woody
APS Automotive

Last edited by NEokcTERROR; 09-16-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by whtrashferrari
Damn why didnt you bring that the first time around? seems like that would of made more sense!

but NAH I am turning my car into a show car and I am not gonna race it anymore

But thanks for the offer though!

wow you really are the most retarded person i have ever seen on the internet. I told you that i would race you in my real street car if you would just wait a week, but you had to pull that **** on the board and take it too far. . It was in the paint shop at the time, and is now done. Too bad your going car show queer, now i dont get to take any more of your money.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Well it isn't completely zeroed out but it is majorly screwed up, and the largest part of it is all but zeroed out. I wonder how many trucks there are out there with similar VE tables?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Teching In

I would of waited a week! But the bet was were you gonna come out that night LOL you just dont get it dude! I didnt realise making my car into a show car makes me a queer but everyone entitled to their opinion! Your looking at it from your perspective of you and your buddies I am looking at it from my end with my buddies who dont hang out with you or on the net and some of which are not even into cars. I learned alot from it such as to who my buddies are etc sometimes you have to weed out the flakes. like I said I dont think you get it and im not gonna spell it out for you. maybe when you get a little older you might get it. Choose your races more wisely and why even care what I have to say? Im just some poor white boy in oklahoma... LOL anyways later days!

actually my call out was for any car from that shop, never said a date. I figured whoever stepped up to the plate would atleast be cool enough to agree on a date. I tried like hell to get you to wait a couple days or a week so i could make it.

YOU are the one who said it has to be that night, i even told you that i coudnt make it. But YOU insisted on it being that night and that if i didnt show up i lost. So you set the date, the town, the spot, the way we raced, and you even honked it off and still got drug.

I guess you thought that i wouldnt roll an hour away from my house at such short notice and you could show up at the spot and bang your chest when i didnt make it. It wouldnt have mattered, i would have busted your *** in the car i built for my WIFE to drive as well.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

LOL, this is getting comical. Your a simple troll whtrashferrari. But I gotta give it to you, your a good little troll.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would of waited a week! But the bet was were you gonna come out that night LOL you just dont get it dude! I didnt realise making my car into a show car makes me a queer...

It does. It should not have had to be pointed out to you either.

Really.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Launching!

hahahahaha after this thread ill just have to take my car out of state...for what its worth; ive talked to Brett a few times and he's been more than helpful with any questions ive had. Ive heard good and bad things about Ed and obviously both are documented. No one here has worked on my vette with any combination its had...so i really have no true experience or valid opinion at all lol
Old 09-17-2010, 04:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by awd2rwd
hahahahaha after this thread ill just have to take my car out of state...for what its worth; ive talked to Brett a few times and he's been more than helpful with any questions ive had. Ive heard good and bad things about Ed and obviously both are documented. No one here has worked on my vette with any combination its had...so i really have no true experience or valid opinion at all lol
There's a lot of in this thread. If I didn't have full confidence in XP Racing my car would not be there. I met those guys back when Jason and Robert were running it as Extreme Performance and have had work done quite a few times. They, especially the past two years, have bent over backwards taking care of me while I've worked overseas.

I've sold parts to Glen and we've been to a few car club functions and I've even called him to ask him stupid questions after a cam install in the past and he was always helpful.

I've never met Bo @ APS but he seems like a stand up guy and I hear nothing but good things about them and their work.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
12 Second Club

Glenn is a great guy. He did my first set of edits for me & not only was he very friendly, he explained everything to me that I asked about. He also let me watch everything he was doin on the laptop, no hiding anything. His pricing is also very fair compared to the other local option. I remember one time at Fudd's for a club meeting I was having a weird idle issue & he whipped out the laptop & spent a good 15 minutes in the parking lot lookin everything over so he could tell me exactly what my issue was & didnt ask for a penny. Thats customer serivce.

The other local option I never saw good enough LS1 results vs issues to make me wanna go put up with the attitude I always recieved or pay the outragous cost.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

In all actuality does an ASE certification mean that much? I took my first tests in 1989. They don't even give you an actual score. I know I aced mine, and the score sheet said top 98% of tested individuals. I know for a fact 3 out of the first 4 I took were 100% correct. I had one questionable answer on the 3rd test and even after the test it was grey area. I don't even remember what the question was or which system it pertained to it was so long ago.

I read through the test booklet and thought it was more funny than anything. Like a very non experienced person could receive a passing grade easily and not have one once of real world ability to approach and repair a problem.

Old folks like to see it on the wall. OH well!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

^Truth. I know some 25-30 y/olds that come out of the Air Force Fire Service with enough certs to be full blown Fire Chiefs but couldn't fight their way out of a burning paper sack.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

jeze. after reading this makes me glad 99.9% of my business is out of state. and i don't do general performance or tuning. To many people be in and out of business here. What 5 shops in 2 years out of business?

General your best tuner is who ever you used last

Last edited by Rocket468; 09-18-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

I can say with 100% certainty that any money spent at APS is money well spent. I called needing some dyno time after tinkering around with HP Tuners for about a month; wanted to log stock vs my tune.
First pull on the stock tune Bo noticed something wrong and I'll be damned if it didn't net 14/10 at the wheels after we fixed it (dirty MAF).

Last edited by RSTinOKC; 02-05-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

This thread is still going?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Phantom
I don't like the snot nose little ***** personally. Has nothing to do with who I "run around with"
Out of respect for the op stay on topic

Quick Reply: Tuners in Oklahoma or Dallas