PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could cause the MAF signal to drop out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What could cause the MAF signal to drop out?

Well since I've been playing around with my MAF tune again, now I'm getting another weird problem. Everything works and runs fine under part throttle.

I'd say about 1 in 3 times when I try making a WOT pull though, the MAF sensor signal will "drop out". I'm assuming this is what is causing the occasional misfire at WOT.

I've got a log of it happening 2 or 3 times now. When I examine the log, the MAF maxes out shortly after getting into boost and then, at no recognizable pattern, the signal from the MAF will just completely drop out, then pop right back.

Like I said, it only does it maybe 1 in 3 times. When it doesn't happen, the pull is clean as can be.

I've swapped MAFs and the problem stays. The weird thing is though, I was having this occasional random misfire at WOT when I was on my SD tune as well, which makes me wonder if the dropped signal is an effect from something else going on, rather than the cause. Maybe spark blowout of something of that affect could cause the MAF to drop out?

Any other ideas? Summer is almost over and I gotta get back to the track so I can get my 9 second slip!

LOG IS ATTACHED 4 POSTS DOWN NOW

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited by HydroStream6; 09-02-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Have you logged airflow when this is happening??
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Airflow as in the MAFs reading? Yes. It spiked down to zero very fast then back up again . I cam post a log if that helps.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

At 4:07 you see a nice clean lil pull. At 7:19 you can see the MAF drop out on a pull. Again at 9:08, 12:27, and a good one at 13:19. Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
log.hpl (239.6 KB, 86 views)