Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant keep the car running at idle after cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cant keep the car running at idle after cam

Running open loop speed density with hp tuners 1 bar speed density.

Ok so ive adjusted the throttle body until my iac counts are good. Ive messed with throttle follower and the air cracker with no help. Tuned the idle airflow tables. Ive tuned the ve table with my wideband until im blue in the face. Messed with the idle spark tables and then turned everything back to stock... Heres what happens.. When im coming to a stop the car always stalls. At steady state the car idles pefectly... its just transitions from giving it gas to idle. For instance if i put the car in gear and give it 5% throttle or so to get moving and let off the gas after a second the car immediately dies. Everything seems to go haywire as soon as i just barely touch the gas. If im idling and give it 2-3% throttle the engine wants to hunt for a speed. Im guessing its transitioning from the idle tables to the regular tables.... What am i doing wrong here? Where can i look next? When im slowing down and not on the gas around 10mph or so the engine is constantly hunting going from 600-1200 rpms but the IAC motor remains unchanged while it is doing this hanging around 80. where do i go from here.? heres one of the logs showing rock steady idle and then near the end when i hit the gas slightly you can see it die. You can also see when i just touch the throttle how its makes everything bounce up and down. help... lol
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
stall 2.hpl (164.7 KB, 84 views)