Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant get idle puslewidth down and stable? Well versed guys inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
So you are using a 220 # high inpedence injector that you want to run at 1ms pulsewidth!!!!!

I don't let 60lbers go below 3ms. Makes for a very unstable idle because of the injectors not even turning on sometimes below that.

Like was stated, if you need that much fuel, you are going to need the driver box and get some low impedance injectors.

What you are trying to do is pretty much like going to prom with your sister, yeah, your there, but it just ain't right!!!
Im thinking you have no idea what your talking about. Even with factory min pulsewidths limits at 1.7ms, ive gotten them to idle like stock in these cars? Like 7 years ago.

So anyway, anyone that ACTUALLY knows the tables, any hard coded limits in these PCMs, any idea why it wont stay on the min pulswidth or what could cause it to erratically double?

If it would idle at 1.0ms rock steady, Id be fine. If a honda with as little cylinder volume as it has can idle at 1000 rpm ok with these, then this motor can perfectly fine, if it actually does what commanded to do.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure theres data showing pretty good linearity on the 2200s down as far as .8 ms pulswidth...
Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had the need the need to pull a set down that low; never had a set that large with a stock computer. I have had some fits with low Z injectors and driver boxes in the past in relation to min pulse though.

Goto Engine>Fuel>Transient and zero the Min Fuel Milligrams field; it can add hold base pulse high on some OS's. After that, you always have the ability to run the short pulse adder negative to pull as well as the offset.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Goto Engine>Fuel>Transient and zero the Min Fuel Milligrams field; it can add hold base pulse high on some OS's. After that, you always have the ability to run the short pulse adder negative to pull as well as the offset.
Exactly.
I havent done enough testing yet to ascertain whether a cammed cars unstable idle causes this table to be active.(causing the pcm to switch to transient fuelling mode) But it does appear to be an issue in 99% of low PW issues.
What you are describing sounds like this table coming active intermittently. Pity you dont use Efilive so I can take a look.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7 ute
Exactly.
I havent done enough testing yet to ascertain whether a cammed cars unstable idle causes this table to be active.(causing the pcm to switch to transient fuelling mode) But it does appear to be an issue in 99% of low PW issues.
What you are describing sounds like this table coming active intermittently. Pity you dont use Efilive so I can take a look.
There are really 5 tables in EFI Live that you will use for this.
B4006
B3701
B4003
B4004

B4005

If you just want to see if it will work, make all but the 2 tables 0 to see what they will take.
Make the 2 bolded ones to whatever you want to command for a minimum. pulse width.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the minimum on the 60's is for methanol. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
There are really 5 tables in EFI Live that you will use for this.
B4006
B3701
B4003
B4004

B4005

If you just want to see if it will work, make all but the 2 tables 0 to see what they will take.
Make the 2 bolded ones to whatever you want to command for a minimum. pulse width.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the minimum on the 60's is for methanol. Just thought I would throw that out there.
He is talking about B9021 becoming active intermittently... It will control no matter what you have in the tables above unless you change it.

Quick Reply: Cant get idle puslewidth down and stable? Well versed guys inside